Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    lol wow this thread is still going? I stopped at page 2 (and my pages are 40 comments each, so the total thread length for me is 11 pages right now)
    This thread would have been about 15-20 comments long had not MS started with his cultist crap. It would have consisted of a handful of people saying that Edwards is a moron, and that would have been that. But, MS is a crusader. It's his life goal to instigate anyone that dares speak ill of anyone that speaks ill of Eli.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Drez View Post
      This thread would have been about 15-20 comments long had not MS started with his cultist crap. It would have consisted of a handful of people saying that Edwards is a moron, and that would have been that. But, MS is a crusader. It's his life goal to instigate anyone that dares speak ill of anyone that speaks ill of Eli.
      I dismiss the first part of your post and embrace the second half.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
        I think you're a tad too sensitive when it comes to Eli. There are plenty of times when we win the game despite Eli playing inconsistent. I'll say something along the lines of Eli played terrible the first half but awesome the second. I wish he would be consistent. Then people get all pissy saying, "wtf man, we won! Eli hater!"

        My point being. There are plenty of times when Eli's inconsistent play has been brought up - even during wins or good times.
        It's not that I'm a bit too sensitive when it comes to Eli (though I do find myself feeling the need to defend him at times against some Giants fans' irrelevant silly critiques).

        It's the rampant hypocrisy that permeates debates about him when comparing him to other QBs that gets me.

        Like, "Rodgers did nothing wrong when his packers lost to us in the 2011 playoff game--it was their defense lost that game, it was not Eli's performance (+ our defense) that won it", or in the 2007 SB, our defense (which DID play outstanding that game, I agree) won that game--should have been named MVP instead of Eli--not Eli's performance".

        I don't find it necessary or valid to demean Rodgers' performance in the playoff game vs us (and to do so diminishes the Giants' performance that game, doesn't it?), but given that the Packers' defense was near the bottom of the league all season, and given they were 15-1 WITH that defense, it seems silly to blame their loss on "bad defense" in that particular game.

        I just think all those who place so much emphasis upon Eli's notorious "inconsistency" miss the point of what makes a particular QB crucial to a particular team's success, especially given the Giants overall success during Eli's time with the club, so far.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
          It's not that I'm a bit too sensitive when it comes to Eli (though I do find myself feeling the need to defend him at times against some Giants fans' irrelevant silly critiques).

          It's the rampant hypocrisy that permeates debates about him when comparing him to other QBs that gets me.

          Like, "Rodgers did nothing wrong when his packers lost to us in the 2011 playoff game--it was their defense lost that game, it was not Eli's performance (+ our defense) that won it", or in the 2007 SB, our defense (which DID play outstanding that game, I agree) won that game--should have been named MVP instead of Eli--not Eli's performance".

          I don't find it necessary or valid to demean Rodgers' performance in the playoff game vs us (and to do so diminishes the Giants' performance that game, doesn't it?), but given that the Packers' defense was near the bottom of the league all season, and given they were 15-1 WITH that defense, it seems silly to blame their loss on "bad defense" in that particular game.

          I just think all those who place so much emphasis upon Eli's notorious "inconsistency" miss the point of what makes a particular QB crucial to a particular team's success, especially given the Giants overall success during Eli's time with the club, so far.
          The reason why that is, is because they play "well" while losing. In other words, they look good while losing, so it's okay. As long as you look good doing it.
          Mood: WOOF!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
            It's not that I'm a bit too sensitive when it comes to Eli (though I do find myself feeling the need to defend him at times against some Giants fans' irrelevant silly critiques).

            It's the rampant hypocrisy that permeates debates about him when comparing him to other QBs that gets me.

            Like, "Rodgers did nothing wrong when his packers lost to us in the 2011 playoff game--it was their defense lost that game, it was not Eli's performance (+ our defense) that won it", or in the 2007 SB, our defense (which DID play outstanding that game, I agree) won that game--should have been named MVP instead of Eli--not Eli's performance".

            I don't find it necessary or valid to demean Rodgers' performance in the playoff game vs us (and to do so diminishes the Giants' performance that game, doesn't it?), but given that the Packers' defense was near the bottom of the league all season, and given they were 15-1 WITH that defense, it seems silly to blame their loss on "bad defense" in that particular game.

            I just think all those who place so much emphasis upon Eli's notorious "inconsistency" miss the point of what makes a particular QB crucial to a particular team's success, especially given the Giants overall success during Eli's time with the club, so far.
            I tend not to read the posts where it get's a little too crazy. I think there were a few in this thread where people were comparing who was a better post season QB. But, the hypocrisy lies on both ends of the spectrum. Although, I think Eli fan boys have a lot more of it.

            People like to say things are either black or white, when in reality it's gray. One such example is that when people say that the Defense deserved the 2007 MVP and not Eli. They aren't saying that Eli did nothing to win that game. What they are saying though is that the defense did more. While Eli and the offense played well, what the defense did that day was more impressive. But what Eli fan boys hear is, "Eli did nothing. The defense should get the MVP". Then there is this whole thing with the tipped INTs in 2010. Eli People put all the blame on the WRs for the drops when in reality the blame was on both Eli and WRs. Bad passes vs balls that should have been caught.

            When people say Eli's inconsistent, it really has no bearing on whether or not he's an effective, great, or good QB. It's just who he is. He has to SB victories and a resume that other QBs would die for. But until he fixes his inconsistency problems, he's going to be questioned time and time again.
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

            Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              The reason why that is, is because they play "well" while losing. In other words, they look good while losing, so it's okay. As long as you look good doing it.
              Hey. If a player plays well while losing, at least you know that that player is not the problem. Playing well consistently, win or lose, is everything.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

              Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                The reason why that is, is because they play "well" while losing. In other words, they look good while losing, so it's okay. As long as you look good doing it.
                Can you say what he did so bad in that game? Was it his best game? No. Where there many other factors that played into them getting beat badly at home? Absolutely. His 260 yards passing and 60 yards rushing where NOT the reason they lost. Why is that so hard to understand? He did play well in a loss.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  "False Propoganda" is redundant.
                  You are redundant.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                    You are redundant.
                    Could you be a little more creative in your retorts.
                    If you are going to insult me, at least be funny.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                      Well if numbers dont tell the whole story, then we cant really discuss this because there would be no facts to back up what we say. I dont have game footage to show you. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. If the numbers were not in the favor of my argument, i might have also used the "ummm well, you know the numbers dont always tell the truth" line as well. Its like a get out of jail free card. well played.
                      Another nice try on your part but you fail once again. I have stated that numbers do not always tell the whole story long before your post.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        Could you be a little more creative in your retorts.
                        If you are going to insult me, at least be funny.
                        VDC, I am not insulting you, just stating a fact. Please stop your nonsense.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Can you say what he did so bad in that game? Was it his best game? No. Where there many other factors that played into them getting beat badly at home? Absolutely. His 260 yards passing and 60 yards rushing where NOT the reason they lost. Why is that so hard to understand? He did play well in a loss.
                          Funny how when Eli Manning throws five TDs at the end of the year against Philadelphia, folks hard about how that inflates his numbers to mask a sub par season but when Aaron Rodgers throws for 260 yards and runs for 60 in a blow out loss where it is easy to pad stats, it is his defense that lost the game and it was not his fault at all.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                            Funny how when Eli Manning throws five TDs at the end of the year against Philadelphia, folks hard about how that inflates his numbers to mask a sub par season but when Aaron Rodgers throws for 260 yards and runs for 60 in a blow out loss where it is easy to pad stats, it is his defense that lost the game and it was not his fault at all.
                            5 TD's against a team with one collective foot on the bus home. That Philly performance was a disgrace.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              5 TD's against a team with one collective foot on the bus home. That Philly performance was a disgrace.
                              Not debating whether it was or wasn't, just using an example.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                                Not debating whether it was or wasn't, just using an example.
                                And a poor one.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X