This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
    It's funny how people conveniently forget things while in their butt kissing of Rodgers.
    All this is true if you're playing tennis or golf. Or some other individual sport.
    Football is a somewhat different animal.

Speaking of "conveniently forgetting" things.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Yes, he did indeed fumble.
      Did forget about the sack fumble. Still, he was far from the reason why they lost that game. It happens all the time. A QB plays well and the rest of the team doesn't. That was what happened that game. It wasn't his best game of the year but hardly a disaster as some make it seem to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        All this is true if you're playing tennis or golf. Or some other individual sport.Football is a somewhat different animal.Speaking of "conveniently forgetting" things.
        This. The argument that any QB beat another QB is impossible. They don't play at the same time and they don't play against the same players.

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
          Why are you guys arguing who's a better post season QB again?
          Because MS didn't like it that I stated that Eli Manning was a better post season QB than Aaron Rodgers, so he started his usual nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
            Because MS didn't like it that I stated that Eli Manning was a better post season QB than Aaron Rodgers, so he started his usual nonsense.
            Not at all. But when you say that you would take Eli in the playoffs without even thinking, thats a tad different.

Comment

Not at all. But when you say that you would take Eli in the playoffs without even thinking, thats a tad different.
              Not much of a debate in taking Eli over Aaron in post season. You just had to interject as usual because you didn't want to feel left out. That's okay because you really don't need to start your nonsense to get attention, we all love you anyway.

Comment

All this is true if you're playing tennis or golf. Or some other individual sport.
                Football is a somewhat different animal.

Speaking of "conveniently forgetting" things.
                Not sure what this has to do with Rodgers fumble, but okay......

Comment

Not sure what this has to do with Rodgers fumble, but okay......
                  Nothing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                    This. Rodgers did miss a couple of targets, but he wasn't getting help from his guys either. Did he fumble ball or play horrible defense?
                    He actually did fumble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      The reason why that is, is because they play "well" while losing. In other words, they look good while losing, so it's okay. As long as you look good doing it.
                      So true.

Comment

• A loss is a loss but a player can play well in that loss. Why is that so hard to understand?

Comment

• Missing wide open receivers and fumbling the ball is not playing well lol.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                            Hey. If a player plays well while losing, at least you know that that player is not the problem. Playing well consistently, win or lose, is everything.
                            This is the precise dividing line between those who (like me) believe Eli is a better QB than many Eli "realists" (you may or may not be in that category) are willing to admit.

I'm not talking about the "Rodgers,, Brady, etc is a better Qb than Eli" ongoing argument. That's a somewhat subjective argument that depends upon whether the debate is centered on the current year, the respective careers in total, statistics, number of wins vs losses, number of championships played (and won), and so forth. In that context, Brady comes out on top no matter which way you slice it, then the other rankings factor in everything plus personal bias--no way around that, it appears--on either side of the debate.

The dividing line I refer to is your last sentence. You say "playing well consistently, win or lose, is everything". I think Lombardi would take issue with that, and I would agree with him. He even went further, in order to make his point about the driving attitude of his that made him such an iconic sports figure.

You know it--"winning isn't everything, it's the only thing".

That underscores the importance of collective effort and achievement over one's individual importance. Consistently good individual performances are important, even crucial most of the time. But that is not "everything".

I'm sure all Packers fans agree with those here who insist that Rodgers is not only the best QB in the NFL today, but that he's the greatest thing on Earth since the invention of the automobile. But you really believe they take solace in the fact he played well in either or both playoff games the past 2 years at the expense of losing both games and the opportunity to repeat as SB champs either year? The fact he played well in either or both games was "everything" to them?

I don't.
                            Last edited by gmen46; 02-20-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• That's silly to me. So as long as you look good losing it's okay? Since this thread was originally about Herm, I'm going to quote him; "You play to win the game", not "It's okay if you lose, as long as you throw pretty passes".
                              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Missing wide open receivers and fumbling the ball is not playing well lol.
                                So you count the one or two misses he has but not the multiple drops his WR's and TE's had? The fumble did not hurt them. The Giants went 3 and out after that. Both teams then traded field goals and punts.

Comment

Working...
                                X