This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    I love how the question was "Did Aaron Rodgers fumble" and he did...OH BUT NOW IT DOESN'T MATTER!
    Kind of like some saying that play at the end of the half wasn't lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      You disagree?
      I disagree with the "everything" part, yes. I wrote a long (I get long-winded at times, I admit) post to that effect, a few pages back.

Winning--in professional sports, certainly--is everything. Playing well consistently is an important component and contributor to winning.

"Everything" and "important component" are not the same thing.

Comment

• So it's not important to be consistent all the time?

Comment

I love how the question was "Did Aaron Rodgers fumble" and he did...OH BUT NOW IT DOESN'T MATTER!
          FFS.

Comment

So it's not important to be consistent all the time?
            Nobody is arguing the fact that consistency is important. It IS important, but winning is more important than looking good losing.
            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Nobody is arguing the fact that consistency is important. It IS important, but winning is more important than looking good losing.
              So if a player is playing good but the rest of the team is not and they lose its not good that he played well?

Comment

• Sounds like you are saying that if a team is going to lose they might as all look bad doing it. No wonder some are not disappointed with the way the offense played this year. Hey, if the defense stinks they might as well stink too right? Good thing they didn't play that way last year.

Comment

Sounds like you are saying that if a team is going to lose they might as all look bad doing it. No wonder some are not disappointed with the way the offense played this year. Hey, if the defense stinks they might as well stink too right? Good thing they didn't play that way last year.
                  I didn't even imply that. You're just spewing nonsense now.

Comment

I didn't even imply that. You're just spewing nonsense now.
                    You kind of did. Explain how playing consistent isn't important again.

Comment

You kind of did. Explain how playing consistent isn't important again.
                      Stop. That wasn't said.

It's the "well if you're consistent while losing that's okay!".

Comment

Stop. That wasn't said.It's the "well if you're consistent while losing that's okay!".
                        So you would rather be inconsistent and lose? At least with consistency you have a better chance of winning right?

Comment

So you would rather be inconsistent and lose? At least with consistency you have a better chance of winning right?
                          Ok, I don't like when people put words in my mouth, so this conversation is done.

Comment

• So what's wrong with being consistent in a loss?

Comment

Kind of like some saying that play at the end of the half wasn't lucky.
                              Actually, that play wasn't so much lucky as it was great execution on our part and lax defensive effort on GBs part.

And how is that play even germane to this discussion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                Actually, that play wasn't so much lucky as it was great execution on our part and lax defensive effort on GBs part.
                                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                                X