X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey herm......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22YWYAtcyEA

Comment

If he wants to call Eli "not elite", go right ahead. Eli sure didn't look elite for most of this past season anyway.

But to call him a "child" is just outright ridiculous. Two super bowl MVPs doesn't give Eli the right to sit at the grown-ups table?

Oh and Morehead, I would just like to point out that I only attacked the point, no ad hominem against Herm in the above comments I just made. So I don't want to hear that...
      Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-15-2013, 12:07 AM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
        If he wants to call Eli "not elite", go right ahead. Eli sure didn't look elite for most of this past season anyway.

But to call him a "child" is just outright ridiculous. Two super bowl MVPs doesn't give Eli the right to sit at the grown-ups table?
        The child comment was just silly. Other than that, if that's how he feels, so be it.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
          The difference is that there are 100's of people at the combine. If there were only 10 people at the combine and 8 of them ran 4.2, then running a 4.2 is not special at all.

There are 32 qbs in the NFL. Being 8th, is like the 75% percentile.

Remember those guys aren't compared to the likes of you and me, but to each other.
          In the three year span from 1992-1994 there were seven starting QB's in the league that would end up in the hall of fame. Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, and Young. I guess you can have that many elite QB's.

They are not playing against each other, if they have the talent then they have the talent.

Comment

If Eli can't order from the menu, what does that leave you Herm? Bussing tables...

Comment

"Hello....you play....."
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                In the three year span from 1992-1994 there were seven starting QB's in the league that would end up in the hall of fame. Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, and Young. I guess you can have that many elite QB's.

They are not playing against each other, if they have the talent then they have the talent.
                Good point. I notice no one seems to have a counter argument to it...so far, at least.

The number 4--just like the number 8--is strictly arbitrary. There's no NFL official designation of what qualifies as "elite", is there?

Silliness.

Comment

trent dilfer

sorry just felt the thread wasnt a true eli/elite thread until it was said (cultist was already used )

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

This is actually the best argument I've seen come out of these types of threads... Hat definitely tipped, sir...

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      However many games that Herm Edwards played in the NFL is that many more games than any poster here has.
                      However many games Herm Edwards won as a HC is that many more games any poster here has won.

He was an unsuccessful HC therefore he has less credibility than dopes typing on their computer. The logic is beautiful.
                      That is only because Jake Gibbs decided to go play professional baseball instead of football and he also won a National Championship as a QB so he is very successful football player that posts here although he doesn't have more wins in NFL than Herm Edwards. So there. lol......

Comment

I find this ironic that folks on this boards are actually more upset about Herm Edwards comments about Eli manning than they are about his "miracle at the Meadowlands." Man, that one hurts.

Comment

i thought it was funny. even we poke fun at Eli sometimes. It doesnt mean he isnt good.

Eli seems to rise up when called out a bit , i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                            I find this ironic that folks on this boards are actually more upset about Herm Edwards comments about Eli manning than they are about his "miracle at the Meadowlands." Man, that one hurts.
                            That just goes without saying though...

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              i thought it was funny. even we poke fun at Eli sometimes. It doesnt mean he isnt good.

Eli seems to rise up when called out a bit , i like it.
                              Eli talks about what happens when called out in the video. Watch starting at about 1:40. It is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyIcPveCFk

Comment

that is a good point about all those Qb's getting in the HOF, However now we have a different NFL you get matt stafford putting up 5000 yards and a matt ryan throwing 32 TD's in a season.

You are going to have to have way better stats then guys 15- 20 years ago folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X