Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

    http://gmenhq.com/2013/02/14/espn-he...ards-diss-eli/

    Excerpt: "This morning I put on the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN as I was getting dressed, and they bring in Herm Edwards as an expert analyst of the NFL . Herm played 9 seasons in the NFL and coached two different teams compiling a record of 54-74 in the regular season and 2-4 in the playoffs. Edwards was known as a motivator, a rah rah guy that was good for morale. This quote about Edwards as a head coach says a lot:

    Overall, Edward’s tenure as head coach of the Jets was marred by chronic clock management problems, an ultra-conservative “play not to lose” mentality, and a lack of any discernable defensive philosophy, despite Edwards’ supposed expertise in the Cover 2 defense.


    My point here is that Herm was probably not the best talent evaluator as a Head Coach leading to his poor record and general lack of success…but put a coat and a tie on a guy and he’s an expert. The conversation this morning was the usual off season nonsense until it turned to QB’s in the NFL. Herm made the proclamation…and one that I agree with…that there can’t be 8 ELITE QB’s in the league…there can only be 4. Good point because you are supposed to be comparing them to each other, not some imaginary set of numbers. He prefaced his list with the “In the last FIVE or so years” these are my Elite QB’s….This is where Herm gets lost.

    When asked about ELI, he said “He can sit at the kids table, but he can’t order from the menu”. Really Herm?
    • Pro Bowl (2008, 2011, 2012)
    • Super Bowl champion (XLII, XLVI)
    • Super Bowl MVP (XLII, XLVI)
    • NFL Record most 4th quarter touchdown passes in a season (15)
    • Tied NFL Record most game-winning drives in a season (8) (2011)
    • Most road wins in a single regular season and postseason by a starting quarterback (10)

    Eli also beat your number one guy on the list TWICE in his building to get to the Super Bowl, and then beat the number two guy on your list TWICE in the Super Bowl.Obviously Winning is not a priority with Herm as he evaluates QB’s. Super Bowl Champion QB’s the last 6 years include two of the guys on his list, and the guy who won TWO of the others can’t make the grade.More proof that putting a coat and tie on a guy doesn’t make him an expert." Read more...


    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-14-2013, 07:48 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Herm Edwards was one of the worst coaches in the NFL, period. His opinions mean nothing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
      Herm Edwards was one of the worst coaches in the NFL, period. His opinions mean nothing.
      Herm Edwards is about to be called every name in the book on this thread.
      Everybody hold on for dear life!!!!!!
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Herm Edwards is about to be called every name in the book on this thread.
        Everybody hold on for dear life!!!!!!
        Herm Edwards is an old fuddy-duddy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
          Herm Edwards is an old fuddy-duddy.
          I don't think it's right to get personal. He was simply an average ball player and an abysmal failure as a coach. That's not personal is it?? lol
          No one remembers who came in second.

          Comment


          • #6
            Tedy Bruschi says Eli is the best QB in the NFL on the airwaves no link sorry.
            Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              http://gmenhq.com/2013/02/14/espn-he...ards-diss-eli/

              Excerpt: "This morning I put on the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN as I was getting dressed, and they bring in Herm Edwards as an expert analyst of the NFL . Herm played 9 seasons in the NFL and coached two different teams compiling a record of 54-74 in the regular season and 2-4 in the playoffs. Edwards was known as a motivator, a rah rah guy that was good for morale. This quote about Edwards as a head coach says a lot:

              Overall, Edward’s tenure as head coach of the Jets was marred by chronic clock management problems, an ultra-conservative “play not to lose” mentality, and a lack of any discernable defensive philosophy, despite Edwards’ supposed expertise in the Cover 2 defense.


              My point here is that Herm was probably not the best talent evaluator as a Head Coach leading to his poor record and general lack of success…but put a coat and a tie on a guy and he’s an expert. The conversation this morning was the usual off season nonsense until it turned to QB’s in the NFL. Herm made the proclamation…and one that I agree with…that there can’t be 8 ELITE QB’s in the league…there can only be 4. Good point because you are supposed to be comparing them to each other, not some imaginary set of numbers. He prefaced his list with the “In the last FIVE or so years” these are my Elite QB’s….This is where Herm gets lost.

              When asked about ELI, he said “He can sit at the kids table, but he can’t order from the menu”. Really Herm?
              • Pro Bowl (2008, 2011, 2012)
              • Super Bowl champion (XLII, XLVI)
              • Super Bowl MVP (XLII, XLVI)
              • NFL Record most 4th quarter touchdown passes in a season (15)
              • Tied NFL Record most game-winning drives in a season (8) (2011)
              • Most road wins in a single regular season and postseason by a starting quarterback (10)

              Eli also beat your number one guy on the list TWICE in his building to get to the Super Bowl, and then beat the number two guy on your list TWICE in the Super Bowl.Obviously Winning is not a priority with Herm as he evaluates QB’s. Super Bowl Champion QB’s the last 6 years include two of the guys on his list, and the guy who won TWO of the others can’t make the grade.More proof that putting a coat and tie on a guy doesn’t make him an expert." Read more...
              I'm sorry...I know we beat Tom Brady and the Pats twice but who in God's name did we supposedly beat twice to get to the SB?
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                I don't think it's right to get personal. He was simply an average ball player and an abysmal failure as a coach. That's not personal is it?? lol
                welp. would someone really get offended if they were called a fuddy duddy? lol I'm sorry if this is true

                Comment


                • #9
                  Herm Edwards is a mongrel!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    “He can sit at the kids table, but he can’t order from the menu”.
                    That doesn't make any sense.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Herm Edwards you ingrate!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                        Tedy Bruschi says Eli is the best QB in the NFL on the airwaves no link sorry.
                        Bruschi was drinking too many brewskies when he made that comment. That was too easy .
                        No one remembers who came in second.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fizzlesticks View Post
                          That doesn't make any sense.
                          That's true. They really don't have menus at Grammy's house.
                          Herm Edwards should be ended!!!!
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            I'm sorry...I know we beat Tom Brady and the Pats twice but who in God's name did we supposedly beat twice to get to the SB?
                            I think the gmenhq writer thinks that Rodgers was the QB both times we beat GB to get to the SB. However, we beat a future HoFer in Favre the first go around.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That's fine.
                              Mood: WOOF!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X