Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest position we need fixed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as much as I want us to get some really good LBers I also know that Eli is always only one play away from getting seriously injured and if that happens we are in the hands of David Carr so I'll understand completely if we go O lineman in rd 1 .

Comment

I don't understand why people here can't comprehend that improving our passrush is not going to help us stop the run!!!!!! The Giants need serious help in stopping the run on Defense. Last year the Giants passrush was off cause they couldnt stop the run. That how teams defeat a D built on russing the passer. Run the ball right up the middle. Giants are in bad need of a DT that will anchor and help them stop the run. That should be the priority!!!! Then you can go for a pass rusher or LB. When teams are running and getting 6 to 7 yards a carry against you big pass rush defense another pass rusher is not the answer. You need a plug anchor and Big beefy DT on the line to snuff out the run and stop the ball carrier at the line of scrimage. Once you are able to stop the run and force teams to pass the ball that is when the pass rush comes into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
        Yeah, but what if they pick up a FA? Maybe now DE is a priority or even DT? Be interesting to see who else they let go.
        We need a RT and depth on the Oline
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          We need a RT and depth on the Oline
          Agreed, but there is a chance they get that in FA depending on who they let go. A chance.

Comment

People forget that guys like Brewer and Mosely exist. Name someone from our 2007 or 2008 line that's a first rounder. In those two years the Giants had a top 5 line and it had one second rounder, 2 UDFA's, a fifth rounder, and a third rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
              Agreed, but there is a chance they get that in FA depending on who they let go. A chance.
              True, however they do it is immaterial to me but we need a starter at RT and some depth on the Oline. Until that happens, Diehl is here to stay.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

OL or LB
                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

OL.
                  We Want 5!

Comment

Offensive and Defensive line

Comment

• DB,LB,OL

I say DB 1rst because NY's def is to pressure Qbs coupled with read and react DBs. how many of our DBs are quick twitch guys that can react to a fast release from the Qb and make a viable play on the ball? most of the team's interceptions come from bad throws from a rushed Qb. We need better Dbs (at least 1 or 2)
                      Then LB ..simple we have no play makers at LB
                      and then OL (we could win with the OL we have now, (all our FAs signed that is)) we cant win with our DBs and LB core the way it was last year. To easy to move the ball against us as is.

Comment

• in terms of neglect it is LB by far, it's not even close. we can find OL in the draft, on our roster or vis FA. we have not had a solid LB core in a while, it is time to change that.

Comment

• OL is is certainly the most critical need! in fact i wouldnt be surprised if JR selected 2 o-linemen in the 1st 3 picks!

these guys need to pave the way for Wilson Brown and possibly Bradshaw!

next critial imo is d-tackle!
                          sigpic

Comment

• First and Foremost, I want to say I'm a Giants fan,

I say we really need to work on getting the OL patched up. That OL is inconsistent, especially on the run. We need a nice line for David Wilson and Andre Brown this year. With Bradshaw gone, I'm afraid of the line screwing up and allowing trouble for David wilson and Andre brown early in the season, which might cause panic and then the management has to figure out what to do. I can see the OL not being addressed fully which may lead to D-wilson and Andre Brown being unsuccessful at the beginning of the season and the NYGMB going nuts over this issue. Please fix the OL.

Yours Truly,
                            The Mokester

Comment

• As long as Beatty is kept, I don't think OL is *that* big of an issue

CB > DL > LB > OL

Comment

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
                                As long as Beatty is kept, I don't think OL is *that* big of an issue

CB > DL > LB > OL
                                We have to worry about injuries or fatigue. The OL is old. It is an issue.

Yours Truly,
                                The Mokester

Comment

Working...
                                X