Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest position we need fixed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a stud OL in the first or a player that will upgrade our pass rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
      OL becomes our biggest need if Beatty leaves. Diehl is a turnstile, whoever replaces him is already better. Eli was sacked like 15 times or something It was much worse in 2011 and Eli didn't get hurt did he? If Beatty stays we're fine.
      I'll agree that it is not AS MUCH of a need if we get Beatty. If Locklear somehow fully recovers I would be on board with Beatty/Locklear as the tackles, but I don't hold out much hope there. Brewer is pretty much a bust if he can't even snag playing time from the current iteration of Diehl.

Eli's sack count went down this year almost entirely due to his pocket presence. Similarly to 2010, Eli would throw a ball away or sometimes force it (much to our chagrin whenever it got picked) rather than take the sack.

The point that bothers me though, is that you said it was brutal in 2011 (which it was) and you said "Eli didn't get hurt then did he"... Yeah he seems to be made of that stuff Nintendo makes their game consoles out of, but I don't really want to test it all that much.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Defense - DT, CB, MLB
        Offense - OL, TE, RB

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
          OL becomes our biggest need if Beatty leaves. Diehl is a turnstile, whoever replaces him is already better. Eli was sacked like 15 times or something It was much worse in 2011 and Eli didn't get hurt did he? If Beatty stays we're fine.
          That tells more about how tough Eli is than how good the o line is.

Comment

"Toughness" isn't a quantifiable attribute. It's not something that can be relied upon. Everyone gets hurt.

Comment

Of course it is. Roethlisberger has been hurt basically every season. His o line is not THAT bad.

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                Of course it is. Roethlisberger has been hurt basically every season. His o line is not THAT bad.
                Peyton and Brady played how many games before missing an entire season apiece? Everyone gets hurt. You can't rely on "toughness".

Comment

And theyve drafted 1st round OL the past two years, and an OL in the second this year.

But as for the question in the thread.

Without Beatty = LT
                  With Beatty or FA OT = DT

Comment

That tells more about how tough Eli is than how good the o line is.
                    While this was my main argument after 2011, the oline definitely got a lot better. I'm all for improving it, and I wouldn't mind an olineman in round one but we have a lot of pressing needs and there's likely a better fit at 19.

Reese drafted guys like Brewer and Mosely for a reason. The glorious oline of 2007 and 2008 had no first round picks IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      Peyton and Brady played how many games before missing an entire season apiece? Everyone gets hurt. You can't rely on "toughness".
                      You can't but realistically what will a first rounder do for 2013? Wilson's main job is to run not block but because he isn't a good blocker he can't play. Just the tiniest mistake from a rookie OL and he's in the doghosue for 2 years.

Comment

I think u can't go wrong with ugprading LB , DE, and Oline with better overall talent...

Comment

First four rounds - OL, DL, CB, and LB (in no particular order).
                          sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Defensive coordinator and secondly corner back opposite to akumura

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                              OL followed by LB...
                              +10
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

O-Line: Beatty, Boothe, Free Agency/ Draft and Brewer

LB: Run-Stopper

Cornerback: Depth

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X