Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the biggest position we need fixed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Not in terms of financial reality. Coughlin plays the hand he's dealt by Reese. Remember how upset he was that Smith didn't give the team a chance to meet the Eagles' offer? Both Reese and Mara said they wouldn't have met the offer in any event.

TC coaches the team Reese puts together.
    Yea, I remember he got upset too when Boss left the team in FA when they thought he was coming back. It sure looks like in the end the final word comes from upstairs and TC has to deal with it.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

i think a way to look at it is which side of the ball they want to work on in regards to a) scoring b) stopping teams from scoring...if the FO feels the offense can avg the points needed per game to get to the postseason and have a shot, they could go D early. If the FO feels the D cannot stop teams from scoring enough to give the offense a legit chance, it could be D early...if the FO feels the importance should be place on scoring points with the way the leagues been trending, and feel if they can improve the O, it wont really matter that much the D does and reduces their responsibility, it could be O early...Im interested to see who we draft if for nothing else, BPA aside, it gives me some insight into the teams internal thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
        Yea, I remember he got upset too when Boss left the team in FA when they thought he was coming back. It sure looks like in the end the final word comes from upstairs and TC has to deal with it.
        That's the case on any team where the HC is also not the GM. It was Parcells wanting to be both that resulted in his screwing us when he decided to "retire."
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          i think a way to look at it is which side of the ball they want to work on in regards to a) scoring b) stopping teams from scoring...if the FO feels the offense can avg the points needed per game to get to the postseason and have a shot, they could go D early. If the FO feels the D cannot stop teams from scoring enough to give the offense a legit chance, it could be D early...if the FO feels the importance should be place on scoring points with the way the leagues been trending, and feel if they can improve the O, it wont really matter that much the D does and reduces their responsibility, it could be O early...Im interested to see who we draft if for nothing else, BPA aside, it gives me some insight into the teams internal thinking...

I think the FO want's to first and foremost protect the franchise = Eli. That's why there is so much emphasis here on blocking tight ends and running backs who can read defenses and pick up blitzes. They also want pass rushers who can get to the QB. Not necessarily sacks, but hurries, passes batted down, etc.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

im so tired of hearing about ojomo and tracy.they showed flashes in preseason and didnt see field all year. let them do it when it counts and then we can talk about it
            sigpic
            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

I go with DE then LB then DT

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                im so tired of hearing about ojomo and tracy.they showed flashes in preseason and didnt see field all year. let them do it when it counts and then we can talk about it
                Yeah, shame on them for not getting on the field.

Comment

I will say OL first and foremost... Then CB
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
                    I will say OL first and foremost... Then CB
                    As long as OL is first, they can do whatever else next

Comment

Thank you!
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Yeah, but what if they pick up a FA? Maybe now DE is a priority or even DT? Be interesting to see who else they let go.

Comment

Fix the lines and everything else will fall into place. Getting back to being physically dominant up front is what this team needs to do to get back to being contenders.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                            Yeah, but what if they pick up a FA? Maybe now DE is a priority or even DT? Be interesting to see who else they let go.
                            If we add a starter at OL in free agency, OL is still a priority.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                              Fix the lines and everything else will fall into place. Getting back to being physically dominant up front is what this team needs to do to get back to being contenders.
                              very true

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                                Its not so much the lack of snaps but the physical skill level. Ojomo just isnt that talented physically for a weakside end. Look at Umenyoria, Look at Paul ,look at Ojomo

Comment

Working...
                                X