Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you suspect the next cut or contract news will be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you suspect the next cut or contract news will be?

Either some players are getting cut or agree to take less if they want to remain a Giant.

I'm getting antsy.....

Anyone want to guess?
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Good things come to those who wait!
    It will all happen in good time as we assemble our next roster.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      It will all happen in good time as we assemble our next roster.
      there is no room for simple logic on this board...stop confusing people
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        Either some players are getting cut or agree to take less if they want to remain a Giant.

I'm getting antsy.....

Anyone want to guess?
        There is so much going on behind the scenes. Reese has all of the pieces of the puzzle and he's got to make them fit under the CAP. Who's coming, going, staying at a reduced salary, tendering, tagging, draft prospects, free agents, releases, TUMS, etc.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          There is so much going on behind the scenes. Reese has all of the pieces of the puzzle and he's got to make them fit under the CAP. Who's coming, going, staying at a reduced salary, tendering, tagging, draft prospects, free agents, releases, TUMS, etc.
          It is actually more enjoyable to see it play out slowly then reflect on how much happened in such a short period of time to improve the team. Some anxiety and tough choices for sure but that is how the game is played.............at this time of year.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

It is actually more enjoyable to see it play out slowly then reflect on how much happened in such a short period of time to improve the team. Some anxiety and tough choices for sure but that is how the game is played.............at this time of year.
            You can clearly see how some moves are so very dependent on other moves. It could turn out that Cruz's situation, if tendered, will be the easiest short term decision. We're expecting to see more releases and Reese is perhaps wondering who is going to drop out in FA before making more releases or asking for pay cuts. As we get closer to March, it's going to get bonkers in here lol
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

You can clearly see how some moves are so very dependent on other moves. It could turn out that Cruz's situation, if tendered, will be the easiest short term decision. We're expecting to see more releases and Reese is perhaps wondering who is going to drop out in FA before making more releases or asking for pay cuts. As we get closer to March, it's going to get bonkers in here lol
              as opposed to a normal day?
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

+1

I'm getting restless, something better happen soon lol

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                  as opposed to a normal day?
                  Good point

Comment

gotta be diehl or webster....

Comment

Agreed, and I would rather see it play out slowly... it shows that they are making measured moves, considering all the potential implications and making sure they have a "plan B" if things don't work out the way they expected.
                      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Can't imagine that a couple of signings won't happen in March, Reese will want to have options at all positions so he can walk into the draft and select the best players in each round.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                          Can't imagine that a couple of signings won't happen in March, Reese will want to have options at all positions so he can walk into the draft and select the best players in each round.
                          Free agents may want to wait to see who knocks on their doors. Reese can't release some players before he knows who will be here and who is available in FA that may fit and how much they want to play here. It could easily be that the next two moves are Cruz (tendered) and Beatty (tagged).

Comment

Working...
                          X