It's not crazy if Giants pick Nicks over Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    I wouldnt be so sure about even this year. Cruz is a RFA... Meaning he can field offers from other teams. The giants have the right to match any offer. if the offer is some CRAZY money then the giants will have to let him go. end of story. Also according to another Thread the Giants may not use their franchise tag. I thought they might with Cruz.. so there is no Guarantee that we start 2013 with both of them
    It's very rare that a team will cough up a 1st round tender and a huge contract. I have suggested the Pats "might" if they saw Cruz as a younger, cheaper, better prospect than Welker who they have said they won't tag. And I still don't see it happening even though New England was close to $20M under the CAP at the end of the 2012 season.

Per John Mara, they are going to tender Cruz if they can't agree to a long term deal. That is a one year deal for just under $3M
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Cruz will either negotiate a cap friendly long term contract, or get paid a little less than $2.5MM. Thats the tender amount.
      I have said for weeks that I think he's worth something like 4 to 5 years and $26 to $30MM.
      That's top 15 or so money which he is deserving of.
      If I were in the Cruz camp, I'd push for a back loaded 5 year deal, $35M - $37M, and a slightly bigger guarantee than might be normal.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Not with Eli making $20mil a year. I think Cruz is the way to go over Nicks by the way. Nicks is ALWAYS hurt. Cruz has been legit through 2 years. Also, Randle can fill Nicks spot easier then Cruz'
        Randle...Randle?! No.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          How do you know exactly what I meant? I said it didn't change when he got the money. When I said that I meant 2012. Nothing more, nothing less. You presume too much.
          Because I said that he got the $9MM up front instead of having to wait for the money over the length of the season. and you responded that it had no effect on when he got the money.

Its not rocket science.

Admit your sins so we can all move on to another argument.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            If I were in the Cruz camp, I'd push for a back loaded 5 year deal, $35M - $37M, and a slightly bigger guarantee than might be normal.
            I figure it would be $11 or 12MM guaranteed.

Comment

Because I said that he got the $9MM up front instead of having to wait for the money over the length of the season. and you responded that it had no effect on when he got the money.

Its not rocket science.

Admit your sins so we can all move on to another argument.
              I just reread through the posts. It comes down to my misreading/your being unclear about him getting the $9m "over time." I took that to mean over the course of more than 1 season, not just during the 2012 season.

Comment

I figure it would be $11 or 12MM guaranteed.
                I was thinking $15 - 18M

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  I was thinking $15 - 18M
                  You're very generous with my money RF.

Comment

You're very generous with my money RF.
                    I am appealing to your better angel

Comment

Working...
                    X