Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Thomas Thinks Giants' Coach Tom Coughlin Has "One More" Season Left

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ghlin_has.html

Excerpt: "This season represents another chance for Terrell Thomas, who last week worked out a new contract to return to the Giants. He also wonders if this season will be Tom Coughlin's last.

The cornerback, who appeared this morning on NFL Network's "NFL AM" show, said he thought 2012 would be the veteran coach's last go-around.

"But I think he has one more in him," said Thomas, a second-round pick in 2008 who missed the past two seasons with ACL injuries. "We have a great nucleus of guys, and I don't think he wants to give that up. That passion is still burning within him. He's in that facility all day every day; he's going crazy not being able to coach and watch film. He lives and breathes football. He has everybody in there all day, every day, in the offseason."

Coughlin has coached for more than 40 years, including 17 as an NFL head coach. Last summer, after leading the Giants to a second Super Bowl championship in five seasons, he signed a contract extension through 2014.

"I think he wants to go out on top," Thomas said. "Hopefully, we can get it right, and bring a Super Bowl home in Giants Stadium." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Coughlin probably said the same thing about T2

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        Coughlin probably said the same thing about T2
        . . . . before last season.

Comment

Once TC does go, players will be on notice. Because the new HC won't have any loyalty ties

Comment

i dunno if thomas even gets that after training camp. stupid comment that i dont think helps his cause

Comment

We should start interviewing potential coaches...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankAE View Post
                Once TC does go, players will be on notice. Because the new HC won't have any loyalty ties
                How would you know that?
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  We should start interviewing potential coaches...
                  Yes, that's how you give the current coach a vote of confidence in line with extending is contract

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                    i dunno if thomas even gets that after training camp. stupid comment that i dont think helps his cause
                    My take is he's saying he'd like to be part of getting another SB ring while TC is still here.

Comment

Anyone think Coughlin has a good shot of going to the Hall of Fame?

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
                        There's no way of knowing until he retires and we can look at his entire body of work, but I think it's more likely than not.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          How would you know that?
                          To some extent that is correct RF ! Aside of a team having a core of players when a new HC comes to town he always brings or pushes to bring some of his own guys ( players or coaches ). Thats a fact. Most recent example, Dixon going to the Phi.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                            To some extent that is correct RF ! Aside of a team having a core of players when a new HC comes to town he always brings or pushes to bring some of his own guys ( players or coaches ). Thats a fact. Most recent example, Dixon going to the Phi.
                            So a new coach can be loyal, that's my point

Comment

Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
                              i love tc and think he deserves to be. he took an expansion team to 2 afc championships and has 2 superbowl rings
                              sigpic
                              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X