Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 Million Dollar Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    "...or will command that level"? That's funny. Once any QB wins a SB and happens to be a FA, they will generally command that.
    No. Flacco probably would have gotten in the $15m range even without winning the SB this year. The SB adds some money, yes, but he would have been at least at the bottom of that scale. Ryan will likely get in around that number ($15m-$20m), too, and he's only won one freaking playoff game. If Kaepernick doesn't prove a fluke (and is able to stay relatively healthy), he'll probably be in that range as well when his contract comes around.

    Same goes for any legitimate franchise QB in the league. To deny that point because a couple of these guys might have won one while still on their rookie (or relatively unproven player) contracts is denying the actual truth of the situation.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      beating a dead horse on this subject. been all over and around it in other threads over and over. the NY Giants FO will not approach him to redo his deal, end of story. they know exactly what the guys in this thread have already said. for 10m range you get garbage. Sad to say that 10m buys garbage but that is what it amounts to if you have to trust sanchez or worse.


      The only chance we have is for Eli to realize that the FO cant afford to keep his 2 best WRs and at his age he cant afford to wait for the Gmen to draft another star or two at that position and sit around for 2/3 years till their ready to be Stars. If he wants to go down in NFL history and be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana then he may have to do some hard thinking about what he makes per year and move around some money to help re sign those two
      We could lower Eli's cap hit by giving him an extension with only moderate guaranteed money.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by CRH54 View Post
        Sorry guys but you can't tie up $20 million for a year in one player, I don't care if he is the quarterback. It just hamstrings you when trying to address competitive balance at other positions. I would rather have an 8-10 Million Dollar QB and use the rest of the money to address defensive issues.
        Eli makes 20Mil next year he will get paid $39,000.00 PER PASS that is insanity.
        Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

        Comment


        • #34
          Oh and dont Jump all over me with the He deserves the money that is coming to him and he signed the deal fair and square and the giants have to honor it and in no way should eli feel guilty. or that he has won us two SBs and in no way should he feel he has to give back money. I know all that and agree with it all. all im saying is he has to make a choice if he would like to keep throwing to those 2. Sad todays NFL has come to that with the CAP issue. but it is what it is..... The SUPER QBs of the age gone by didnt have to deal with any of those issues. Most of the time if a STAR player was drafted by a team he played with that team till he retired. there wasnt any FA issue or fear of not being able to resign a Lynn Swan or a John Taylor, Rice ETC... for the most part it was way easier to keep a DYNASTY type team together to win 4 SBs... Todays NFL just isnt the same so its harder to do. Closest anyone came to it was BB and Brady with the 3/4
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ibbill View Post
            Eli makes 20Mil next year he will get paid $39,000.00 PER PASS that is insanity.
            Eli isn't making $20m. That's his cap hit. I think his salary is $13m this year and a hair over $15m next year. The pro-ration of his signing bonuses are what bring his cap number higher.

            Comment


            • #36
              [QUOTE=Morehead State;687709]"...or will command that level"? That's funny. Once any QB wins a SB and happens to be a FA, they will generally command that.
              Both Aaron Rodgers and Ben make less than $12MM/year.
              Are they good enough to win SB's?[/QUOTE

              Both are good enough as they have already won Superbowls. Rodgers when it is time will be the highest paid QB in the NFL. The only reason ben makes what he does is partly because of his off the field issues.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                No. Flacco probably would have gotten in the $15m range even without winning the SB this year. The SB adds some money, yes, but he would have been at least at the bottom of that scale. Ryan will likely get in around that number ($15m-$20m), too, and he's only won one freaking playoff game. If Kaepernick doesn't prove a fluke (and is able to stay relatively healthy), he'll probably be in that range as well when his contract comes around.

                Same goes for any legitimate franchise QB in the league. To deny that point because a couple of these guys might have won one while still on their rookie (or relatively unproven player) contracts is denying the actual truth of the situation.

                As I said, both Rodgers and Ben make less than $12MM/year. Thats 3 SB's that were won by QB's who don't make near $20MM.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  As I said, both Rodgers and Ben make less than $12MM/year. Thats 3 SB's that were won by QB's who don't make near $20MM.
                  Both are good enough as they have already won Superbowls. Rodgers when it is time will be the highest paid QB in the NFL. The only reason ben makes what he does is partly because of his off the field issues.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                    Eli makes 20Mil next year he will get paid $39,000.00 PER PASS that is insanity.
                    I have the number a little closer to 36k, lol. But, I had him at 550 attempts, I'd imagine you had him around 525?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      [QUOTE=ozzie0075;687727]
                      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      "...or will command that level"? That's funny. Once any QB wins a SB and happens to be a FA, they will generally command that.
                      Both Aaron Rodgers and Ben make less than $12MM/year.
                      Are they good enough to win SB's?[/QUOTE

                      Both are good enough as they have already won Superbowls. Rodgers when it is time will be the highest paid QB in the NFL. The only reason ben makes what he does is partly because of his off the field issues.
                      So what you're saying is that by the standards of a few posters on this thread, even Eli isn't good enough to win a SB.

                      Oh the irony.......
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Drez View Post
                        We could lower Eli's cap hit by giving him an extension with only moderate guaranteed money.
                        I suggjested this in another thread. I think eli would be good for another 5-7 years and still be effective. so they sign him to a 5yr ext... and spread out some of this money and give like you said only moderate GMoney. I dont think he would expect a SUPER contract anyway at this point in his carreer. Then they can take some of the money saved over next two seasons and resign both
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                        # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                        1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                        ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                          The only chance we have is for Eli to realize that the FO cant afford to keep his 2 best WRs and at his age he cant afford to wait for the Gmen to draft another star or two at that position and sit around for 2/3 years till their ready to be Stars. If he wants to go down in NFL history and be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana then he may have to do some hard thinking about what he makes per year and move around some money to help re sign those two
                          Opting to earn well below his market value would be simply insane. Eli would probably need to shed over $10 mil per year to enable the team to sign Cruz and Nicks at their market values. It just isn't going to happen.

                          Eli would be better off requesting a trade than accepting a pay cut.

                          This is a Reese issue, not an Eli issue.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Drez View Post
                            I have the number a little closer to 36k, lol. But, I had him at 550 attempts, I'd imagine you had him around 525?
                            your closer than I lol that is insanity no one I dont care who is worth that much. Now if they were all complete then we could talk.
                            Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              Playing well below his market value would be simply insane. Eli would probably need to shed over $10 mil per year to enable the team to sign Cruz and Nicks at their market values. It just isn't going to happen.

                              Eli would be better off requesting a trade than accepting a pay cut.
                              again i am in no way saying the giants should approach him on this. I am saying he would have to be the one to make the hard choice to take less on his own. and then he would have those two to work with till he retires which i think will give him a better shot at a few more SBs then without them
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                              # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                              1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                              ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I'm willing to cut money from every position except QB. If you look at Eli's 2012-13 season, it wasn't a 20 mill year for him, but you can't win them all every year.

                                Over the course of his career he's definitely earned what he's getting, specially with how this league is structured.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X