Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 Million Dollar Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are accusing me of exactly what i was making fun of you for. That the "cap hit" isn't usually a players salary.
    Its like you guys are in a bizzaro world today.

    Let me just reaffirm my position.....You don't have to make $20MM/year to win a SB.
    Is that clear enough? Or does that not deal with "Modern NFL economics"?

    Everything you have said has been in agreement with me, but you act like you are correcting me.
    Franchise QB contracts have cap hits in the $15m-$21m range (salaries in the $13m-$17m range and prorated signing bonuses of $3m-$6m/yr). The new slew of contracts are going to be even higher.

    Comment


    • #62
      Here are the details of Eli's contract:

      Remember, the balloons you see towards the end are largely the result of restructuring.

      Current Salary Information
      Contract: 7 yr(s) / $106,900,000 Signing Bonus $13,000,000 Average Salary $15,271,429 End Year: 2015 Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
      Base Salary S. Bonus Misc. Bonus Cap Hit
      2009 7,500,000 3,100,000 3,100,000 13,700,000
      2010 6,500,000 2,600,000 3,000,000 12,100,000
      2011 8,500,000 2,600,000 3,000,000 14,100,000
      2012 1,750,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 9,600,000
      2013 13,000,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 20,850,000
      2014 15,150,000 - 5,250,000 20,400,000
      2015 17,000,000 - 2,750,000 19,750,000
      2016 UFA
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Drez View Post
        Franchise QB contracts have cap hits in the $15m-$21m range (salaries in the $13m-$17m range and prorated signing bonuses of $3m-$6m/yr). The new slew of contracts are going to be even higher.
        Again...what was Flacco making this season? What was Kaepernick making this season?
        Is it your view that only a handful of teams, who's QB's are making $20MM (or close to it) are the only teams with a chance to win the SB?
        If the answer is yes, then I strongly disagree.
        If the answer is no, then you agree with Morehead.........Oh the humanity!!!!
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Again...what was Flacco making this season? What was Kaepernick making this season?
          Is it your view that only a handful of teams, who's QB's are making $20MM (or close to it) are the only teams with a chance to win the SB?
          If the answer is yes, then I strongly disagree.
          If the answer is no, then you agree with Morehead.........Oh the humanity!!!!
          I give up. You have trouble understanding the gist of what every one is saying here. I no longer have the patience to try to explain it to you.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Here are the details of Eli's contract:

            Remember, the balloons you see towards the end are largely the result of restructuring.

            Current Salary Information
            Contract: 7 yr(s) / $106,900,000 Signing Bonus $13,000,000 Average Salary $15,271,429 End Year: 2015 Free Agent: 2016 / Unrestricted
            Base Salary S. Bonus Misc. Bonus Cap Hit
            2009 7,500,000 3,100,000 3,100,000 13,700,000
            2010 6,500,000 2,600,000 3,000,000 12,100,000
            2011 8,500,000 2,600,000 3,000,000 14,100,000
            2012 1,750,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 9,600,000
            2013 13,000,000 2,600,000 5,250,000 20,850,000
            2014 15,150,000 - 5,250,000 20,400,000
            2015 17,000,000 - 2,750,000 19,750,000
            2016 UFA
            Exactly, his salary is this because he did the team a favor and restructured twice. It makes the whole discussion silly. His salary wasn't supposed to be 20mil. They put money off, to free up cap space in previous years. Essentially, they are paying him this year for money he was due, in previous years. That's what happens when you restructure.
            #80

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Drez View Post
              I give up. You have trouble understanding the gist of what every one is saying here. I no longer have the patience to try to explain it to you.
              OK ....but I win.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                Exactly, his salary is this because he did the team a favor and restructured twice. It makes the whole discussion silly. His salary wasn't supposed to be 20mil. They put money off, to free up cap space in previous years. Essentially, they are paying him this year for money he was due, in previous years. That's what happens when you restructure.
                Eli didn't do anyone any favors. He traded salary for up front, guaranteed bonus money. And I wouldn't expect that any player should do them any favors.
                Eli shouldn't take a hit because the cap wasn't managed properly.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by drewz View Post
                  Joe Flacco wants Drew Brees money, Mike Wallce, Percy Harvin & Victor Cruz want Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson money, hell.. even Cliff Avril was saying he wanted a Mario Williams type contract.With the ceilings on these contract being raised and the cap remaining flat, it's going to be ridicolous trying to hang on to talent.If Flacco gets his 20 million, how much does Eli get when he gets his extension?
                  lol Mario Williams doesn't deserve Mario Williams money.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    For a two time Champion it's not bad, but they need him to be the 2011 Eli more than the 2012 Eli. If so, no one will care he is making that much.
                    Last edited by Buddy333; 02-19-2013, 05:08 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      For a two time Champion it's not bed, but they need him to be the 2011 Eli more than the 2012 Eli. If so, no one will care he is making that much.
                      Give me the Eli that is solid. That has the occasional spike of great play, but without the nonsense plays that drive you nuts and I'm happy with what he makes.
                      As you say, that was the Eli of 2011. Not the Eli of 2010 or 2012.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        My point is that an NFL team can win a SB without a $20MM QB. Which is contrary to what Slippy claimed.
                        flacco is on his rookie contract. Like I said, either win with them on their rookie contract, or you are spending $20 mil.

                        Rodgers was on his second contract, but he signed it really the first year he had any success in the league. His next contract will be much closer to $20 mil a year.

                        And Big Bens cap hit this year is.... you guessed it, 20 mil.
                        Last edited by slipknottin; 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Just be thankful that Eli won't be occupying close to $30 million of his team's cap like Drew Brees will be in the final years of his deal.
                          Last edited by Flip Empty; 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Eli didn't do anyone any favors. He traded salary for up front, guaranteed bonus money. And I wouldn't expect that any player should do them any favors.
                            Eli shouldn't take a hit because the cap wasn't managed properly.
                            You are right, I didn't state that in the best way. Both parties benefit from the restructure, but the fact remains that he is not making 20million this year based on his achievments. He is making 20million (or should I say his cap hit is 20Million) because of the restructures.
                            #80

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Now THIS is the Morehead I know and love!!! Props on turning a really stupid notion for a thread into a good laugh. The OP has 5 posts in 2 years......can you imagine the pearls of complete nonsense that were in the other 4 posts?

                              Anyway.....I like it when MS plays the contrarian for no other reason than to piss people off!!

                              As for the OP.....2 SB MVP since he's been here. Just stop.
                              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Drez View Post
                                Eli isn't making $20m. That's his cap hit. I think his salary is $13m this year and a hair over $15m next year. The pro-ration of his signing bonuses are what bring his cap number higher.
                                so are you saying he dont make around 39K per pass then how terrible is that how is a man going to live.
                                Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X