Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 Million Dollar Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 20 Million Dollar Player

    Sorry guys but you can't tie up $20 million for a year in one player, I don't care if he is the quarterback. It just hamstrings you when trying to address competitive balance at other positions. I would rather have an 8-10 Million Dollar QB and use the rest of the money to address defensive issues.

  • #2
    All good QBs are going to be in the 20 mil range. In the 8-10mil range you get Mark Sanchez. And with out Eli Manning and his late game play the Giants would not have those 2 Superbowls. Manning deserves that money and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

    Find me one superbowl winning QB in the last 10 years who isn't in that 20 mil range. Those guys are Peyton, Eli, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Flacco and Big Ben.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
      Find me one superbowl winning QB in the last 10 years who isn't in that 20 mil range. Those guys are Peyton, Eli, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Flacco and Big Ben.
      Rodgers and Flacco aren't. They won their titles whilst under rookie contracts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        Rodgers and Flacco aren't. They won their titles whilst under rookie contracts.
        The point is they will be. And all of those guys with the exception of maybe Flacco are going to be in the Hall of Fame conversation when they retire.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CRH54 View Post
          Sorry guys but you can't tie up $20 million for a year in one player, I don't care if he is the quarterback. It just hamstrings you when trying to address competitive balance at other positions. I would rather have an 8-10 Million Dollar QB and use the rest of the money to address defensive issues.
          You obviously have no clue how the economics of the NFL work. As is, we already spend 50% more on defense than offense, even with Eli's cap hit.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            Rodgers and Flacco aren't. They won their titles whilst under rookie contracts.
            Eli won his first under his rookie contract.

            Comment


            • #7
              QB is the one position you are going to pay out the bum for. There's no other way to do it other than draft one in the first round and hope they play great before their rookie contract ends.

              But $8-$10 mil a year gets total bums. Like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. Nobody that's going to win a SB

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                Rodgers and Flacco aren't. They won their titles whilst under rookie contracts.
                Rodgers actually won the superbowl on his second contract which during his first season as a starter. On October 31, 2008 Rodgers signed a six year, $65 million contract extension through the 2014 season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CRH54 View Post
                  Sorry guys but you can't tie up $20 million for a year in one player, I don't care if he is the quarterback. It just hamstrings you when trying to address competitive balance at other positions. I would rather have an 8-10 Million Dollar QB and use the rest of the money to address defensive issues.
                  Even Morehead thinks this idea is nuts!
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CRH54 View Post
                    Sorry guys but you can't tie up $20 million for a year in one player, I don't care if he is the quarterback. It just hamstrings you when trying to address competitive balance at other positions. I would rather have an 8-10 Million Dollar QB and use the rest of the money to address defensive issues.
                    Unrealistic in today's NFL. Top flight QBs make in the $15-20 million range. That precedent has been well established.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      QB is the one position you are going to pay out the bum for. There's no other way to do it other than draft one in the first round and hope they play great before their rookie contract ends.

                      But $8-$10 mil a year gets total bums. Like Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. Nobody that's going to win a SB
                      What was Flacco making when he won the SB?
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        Rodgers and Flacco aren't. They won their titles whilst under rookie contracts.
                        And neither will be making less than $20 million per year on their next contract (of which Flacco is currently negotiating).
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          Eli won his first under his rookie contract.
                          I know. I wasn't trying to make a point, just disprove one.
                          Rivers earns top money and hasn't won a thing. Money can't buy championships.

                          That said, I'm fine with what Eli is making. I'd rather have him than face the alternative.
                          Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                          Rodgers actually won the superbowl on his second contract which during his first season as a starter. On October 31, 2008 Rodgers signed a six year, $65 million contract extension through the 2014 season.
                          Extension. Not a new contract.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            What was Flacco making when he won the SB?
                            Flacco was at 8mil but it was reported he turned a contract of around 15 mil per year prior to the season hoping to get more money.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Joe Flacco wants Drew Brees money, Mike Wallce, Percy Harvin & Victor Cruz want Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson money, hell.. even Cliff Avril was saying he wanted a Mario Williams type contract.

                              With the ceilings on these contract being raised and the cap remaining flat, it's going to be ridicolous trying to hang on to talent.

                              If Flacco gets his 20 million, how much does Eli get when he gets his extension?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X