Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Hire New Defensive Quality Control Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Non news. It's like JR hiring an assistant.
    Disagree. They specifically went and found a college coach because of their experience against the option offense. This could end up being significant against teams like Washington.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      Disagree. They specifically went and found a college coach because of their experience against the option offense. This could end up being significant against teams like Washington.
      So this guy is actually allowed to offer input? I assumed he was just an underling.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        So this guy is actually allowed to offer input? I assumed he was just an underling.
        He absolutely can have input. Especially if he has a lot of experience in one area

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          Isn't that how Belichick started out? Maybe another coach?
          Gruden also
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
            So this guy is actually allowed to offer input? I assumed he was just an underling.
            They also can serve as assistant coaches
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
              Thats a very interesting bit of trivia, but it's still the stupidest thing I've ever heard of!
              Then you don't understand what they do.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Now we should hire Buddy Ryan as Offensive Quality Control coach. Yeah he was known more for defense, but he's not afraid to punch killdrive, and that's all the quality control I need...
                best one I heard yet!!!! Put me on list for this.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  Ahahahahahahaha. You're kidding, right?
                  Nope ... you don't get to this level by being "bad" (one of the really annoying adjectives I see thrown around). Players' physical skills can diminish and their judgment and/or technique can be poor in any given situation, but to reach the NFL level you are good at what you do.

                  After that it's all up to the coaches to put you in a position to succeed.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Nope ... you don't get to this level by being "bad" (one of the really annoying adjectives I see thrown around). Players' physical skills can diminish and their judgment and/or technique can be poor in any given situation, but to reach the NFL level you are good at what you do.

                    After that it's all up to the coaches to put you in a position to succeed.
                    Ahahahaha. Most players drafted do not have the complete skill set to play in the nfl.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      Isn't that how Belichick started out? Maybe another coach?
                      Bellichick started as a water boy (literally).

                      Most coaches will have passed through some type of "quality control" position at some point in their careers. It's just another term for "assistant".
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        seems to me that Belichek started his career in the NFL with a position like this, pretty much a gopher for whatever was needed....

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Have we ever had a "quality control" coach in the past? This is interesting to me. It must be more of a means to get more insight on defending the option, and it seems Perry wasn't too caught up in that scheme. I believe we play the NFC West this year, also. 1/4 of our games will be against RGIII(2x), RW3, and Kaepernick.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            Ahahahaha. Most players drafted do not have the complete skill set to play in the nfl.
                            And by "complete skill set" do you mean a "coachable" skill set?

                            Sorry I just don't have your bad/great method of grading players.

                            And I'm of the firm belief if you point at more than one player as being "bad" in a given season on the same unit, you should be looking at their coach.

                            History seems to back me up here.
                            Last edited by Kruunch; 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
                              Have we ever had a "quality control" coach in the past? This is interesting to me. It must be more of a means to get more insight on defending the option, and it seems Perry wasn't too caught up in that scheme. I believe we play the NFC West this year, also. 1/4 of our games will be against RGIII(2x), RW3, and Kaepernick.
                              We used to call them "assistants"
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                                And by "complete skill set" do you mean a "coachable" skill set?

                                Sorry I just don't have your bad/great method of grading players.

                                And I'm of the firm belief if you point at more than one player as being "bad" in a given season on the same unit, you should be looking at their coach.

                                History seems to back me up here.
                                No, you apparently have no ability to grade players at all if all of them are supposedly great but coaching is the problem.

                                Like perry said, guys were in position to make plays, but failed to do it. Webster the game against Baltimore shows that. His technique was good most of the game. He was in position to get his hand on the ball and break up plays. But he didn't. That's not fewells fault.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X