Giants Hire New Defensive Quality Control Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Hire New Defensive Quality Control Coach

http://www.nj.com/giants/team/1361308054-534-843/giants-hire-new-defensive-quality.html

Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-20-2013, 12:33 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Was hoping someone actually did some digging on this. But I guess giants beat reporters don't like actually working.

The giants said they wanted to hire a college guy who had experience against defending the option attack. Curious exactly what kind of things NC State did against the option and how effective they were stopping it.

Comment

We'll have to dig down deeper over the next few days and see who this guy is and what he may bring with him
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

what exactly is the job of defensive quality control coordinator, anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
          Hopefully to replace the D-Coordinator without making a public display of it......."No Perry we're not firing you.....we're just taking away all of your duties and placing them in the hands of our new 'quality control' guy........your job is safe......publically"

Comment

defensive quality control...what is this.

heres to hoping its an awesome idea

Comment

Coffee and donuts

They do behind the scenes scut work like breaking down film, scouting upcoming opponents, etc.

Here's an old article on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/sp...lity.html?_r=0
              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-20-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Wonder how long it takes PF to throw him under the bus too.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

maybe he can finally stop these damn ACL injuries!

Comment

In general quality control from my experience is a set of procedures run after a something is implemented. So who knows. It could be. "Zone defense? Denied!"
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Basically to stand behind Perry and go:

PF... Y U NO BLITZ

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                        Wonder how long it takes PF to throw him under the bus too.
                        What does that mean?

Comment

It must be the easiest job in the world, as there isn't much quality to control on this defense.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            What does that mean?
                            Just what it says.

He's already thrown his players under the bus.
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Now we should hire Buddy Ryan as Offensive Quality Control coach. Yeah he was known more for defense, but he's not afraid to punch killdrive, and that's all the quality control I need...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X