Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/20...an-lovie-smith

Excerpt: "Here are a few candidates. I compiled this list, incidentally, keeping in mind the franchise's long-established tendency to try and stay in-house, or at least stay with people it has some type of past relationship with.

The In-House Candidate

Perry Fewell -- I can hear you screaming "nooooooooooooooooooooooooo" already. Reality is, however, that Fewell would likely be at the top of the list if Coughlin were to ride off into the sunset after 2013. That would be especially true if 2013 is a good year for the Giants, and maybe a fait accompli if they happen to win a Super Bowl title. The franchise knows Fewell, he would almost certainly have Coughlin's support and Fewell could easily be back on the "hot candidate" list after 2013.

The Rising Former Giants' Assistant

Mike Sullivan -- Sullivan has gone from Giants' quarterback's coach under Coughlin to offensive coordinator of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He received interest from the Chicago Bears for their head-coaching position after Lovie Smith was fired. It seems logical the Giants would consider him." Read more...
    shocked_face.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dnotch121 View Post
      id like lovie
      tumblr_m3wyak0vDA1qg39ewo1_500.jpg
      Last edited by blueribbon; 02-20-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Gilbride has stuck around for a while....I'm pretty sure if this is Coughlin's last year KG will be the guy he'd recommend to be his successor.

I think Giants management will respect his wishes too.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
          Gilbride has stuck around for a while....I'm pretty sure if this is Coughlin's last year KG will be the guy he'd recommend to be his successor.

How much would it cost to hire Buddy Ryan as the "professional killdrive puncher"?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            How much would it cost to hire Buddy Ryan as the "professional killdrive puncher"?
            Vet minimum?

Comment

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                IT BURNS US

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

No and no.

Comment

The last time they listened to an outgoing coach's wishes we got Ray Handley
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

The last time they listened to an outgoing coach's wishes we got Ray Handley
                      I'd like to believe Ray Handley was one of kind. Actually I retract that statement....Rich Kotite was actually on his level too.

Comment

I'd like to believe Ray Handley was one of kind. Actually I retract that statement....Rich Kotite was actually on his level too.
                        I still hate Parcells for his BS tantrum
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                          If we some how won the SB this year in our own stadium, I could see him walking off into the sunset, with the HOF a lock. Anything short of that, I don't see him leaving for a few years.
                          if TC directs the G-men to another superbowl i can certainly see him going out on top!

in any case i suspect he wont be around longer than 2 more years in other words hes gone at the end of the 2014 season imo!
                          sigpic

Comment

Doubtful they would leave their respective college programs but Nick Saban or Urban Meyer would be nice.

I think an organization like our NYG's would be pretty tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                              If we some how won the SB this year in our own stadium, I could see him walking off into the sunset, with the HOF a lock. Anything short of that, I don't see him leaving for a few years.
                              As long as he's healthy, why leave?

Comment

And that should be his next coaching job
                                What's the beef with Cowher RF?
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X