Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Kurt Warner a football life

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Keep fishing babe. I already told you that I'm not biting.
    In other words, you have no rebuttal and are just resorting to condescending comments like calling other posters "babe".


    That's pretty pathetic.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      2004 Giants with Warner: .......5 wins 4 losses
      2004 Giants with Manning:.... 1 win 6 losses.
      He was also a rookie with a selfish Tiki Barber as the Captain

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
        He was also a rookie with a selfish Tiki Barber as the Captain
        Another case of revisionist history.
        Tiki was a great security blanket for Eli, early in his career. His presence contributed greatly to Eli's development.

        Tiki's nonsense with Eli came after he retired.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by jomo View Post
          Not a classy guy. He did some nice stuff with the Rams but I've got no use for him.
          It's not an opinion, it's a vendetta.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
            It's not an opinion, it's a vendetta.
            I dunno... something like that would go against his faith, wouldn't it? Isn't he deeply religious?

            He's paid for his opinions so he'll express them whenever he gets a chance.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
              It's not an opinion, it's a vendetta.
              Kurt only answered a question when asked... I don't think he goes around trying to instigate anti-Eli sentiments wherever he goes, unlike someone else we all know...

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Another case of revisionist history.
                Tiki was a great security blanket for Eli, early in his career. His presence contributed greatly to Eli's development.

                Tiki's nonsense with Eli came after he retired.
                Actually, I would think Tiki's nonsense that first annoyed Eli was his retirement announcement mid season. Eli Manning mentions it in an interview where a reporter asks him about Tiki's comments.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Just because someone voices their opinion that Eli is not making the HOF, that doesn't mean they hate or have a vendetta against him. Kurt Warner is an analyst and I don't recall him ever saying anything derogatory about Eli.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by blueribbon View Post
                    Rumor has it that Kurt's Warners wife is really Alice from the Brady Brunch.

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]482[/ATTACH]

                    LMAO!!!
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                      Just because someone voices their opinion that Eli is not making the HOF, that doesn't mean they hate or have a vendetta against him. Kurt Warner is an analyst and I don't recall him ever saying anything derogatory about Eli.
                      I agree.

                      And just to put things in perspective.... Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning all came away empty this year.

                      I think Eli is a great QB, and I think the whole "elite" thing has just been beaten into the ground by fans and analysts.....but I look at the supposed "elite" QBs, and they all fell short this season.

                      So much has to go right, starting with blocking. The reason why Kapernick and RG3 looked so promising had a ton to do with their coaches and their offensive lines. Say what you want about Shanahan, but the guy is maybe the best coach in the business when it comes to offensive lines and ground attacks. And the 49ers invested heavily in their offensive line over the past few drafts, and it's paying off. Everyone talks about the 49er defense, but I think the strength in that team rests on the offensive line. The reason the 49ers beat the Packers had everything to do with that. If Aaron Rodgers could play behind that wall, the Packers would be unstoppable.

                      I remember when Kurt was playing for the Giants.....he held the ball too long for the offensive line and scheme he was playing in. After Eli took over, the sacks dropped dramatically.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                        Actually, I would think Tiki's nonsense that first annoyed Eli was his retirement announcement mid season. Eli Manning mentions it in an interview where a reporter asks him about Tiki's comments.
                        I would be shocked if Eli was ever petty enough to suggest that he had a problem with Tiki announcing his retirement in the way he did.

                        Doesn't sound like Eli at all.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          I would be shocked if Eli was ever petty enough to suggest that he had a problem with Tiki announcing his retirement in the way he did.

                          Doesn't sound like Eli at all.
                          It is in the recap video narrated by James Gandolphini of the SuperBowl XLII Season. A snippet is shown with Tiki making his comments along the lines of Eli not being a leader, etc....etc... Then there is snippet of reporters asking Eli about Tiki's comments and Eli answers "Well, Tiki showed great leadership last season calling out Coach Coughlin and then distracting everyone with his retirement." I am sure that is not the exact quote but it is words to that effect. Directly after, it pans to Michael Strahan stating, once again somewhere along the lines of "I didn.t know Eli had it in him. Okay, he got some fight. I like that."

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            I would be shocked if Eli was ever petty enough to suggest that he had a problem with Tiki announcing his retirement in the way he did.

                            Doesn't sound like Eli at all.
                            Once again, MS' nonsense is exposed.

                            Watch from the 7:30 point till about 8:20.

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVWQTYOC28U
                            Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 02-23-2013, 03:40 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              I dunno... something like that would go against his faith, wouldn't it? Isn't he deeply religious?

                              He's paid for his opinions so he'll express them whenever he gets a chance.
                              I have a lot to say to your first point, however, I think all of it would get me banned.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I would be shocked if Eli was ever petty enough to suggest that he had a problem with Tiki announcing his retirement in the way he did.

                                Doesn't sound like Eli at all.
                                He did on the onset of the 2007 season after Tiki attempted to call Eli out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X