Beatty Deal is done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bones911 View Post
    Wow I'm really surprised they gave him that much money. Do you think we overpaid?

he isnt that great,, never liked him at lt,, average at best at pass blocking and no paver in the run blocking,, not crazy about this signing

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveRack View Post
      he isnt that great,, never liked him at lt,, average at best at pass blocking and no paver in the run blocking,, not crazy about this signing
      He only gave up 3 sacks ALL season..yeah, average..
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveRack View Post
        Think he was ranked he 4th best LT in the league this year.

Comment

• Beatty will only get better barring injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Great news lol
            yes really good news. But with the arms length list of FAs they need to go easy on the funds
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• I'm glad Beatty is a Giant. I think we overpaid for him. I hope he stays healthy. We need many more players to make this team work, so watch the pocketbook JR!!!

Comment

• Good to know. The Oline protects Eli. Without Eli, well, you all know.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                  Let's play and try to figure out how much Reese is willing to spend on a contract for Will Beatty. The reason ? Calculating future handicaps and salary cap situation in the near future.
                  Let the brain picking begin !
                  He is about to turn 28 years old . So my best guess is a 5 year 37.5 mill contract . I should say that would be more or less a very " friendly team " contract in my estimation.

Ralph Vacchiano
                  @RVacchianoNYDN
                  Follow
                  Giants re-sign Beatty for five years, $38.75 million ... nydn.us/Vaqrmi #NYG
                  2:36pm - 27 Feb 13

I practically nailed it . Jerry Reese heard my advice . LOL !
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                    Beatty won't get more than 6 million a year, on average.
                    Oh, good times...good times.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
                      It's not Beatty. It's what the market is for LT's and what his agent feels he can get him.
                      He showed resolution and willingness to stay in Blue. Kudos to Beatty and congrats for what it seems to be practically a whole career in Blue.
                      Last edited by G-Men Surg.; 02-28-2013, 02:10 AM.
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueReign View Post
                        Beatty will only get better barring injury.
                        Key words. It's a solid signing. I think we overpaid some, but what can you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                          I'm glad Beatty is a Giant. I think we overpaid for him. I hope he stays healthy. We need many more players to make this team work, so watch the pocketbook JR!!!
                          Now the question is how does this affect the negotiations for players Nicks, Cruz, and JPP?? It's a never ending process.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Now the question is how does this affect the negotiations for players Nicks, Cruz, and JPP?? It's a never ending process.
                            Cruz, Boothe, and Bennett by March 12th?? Is it even possible. Pretty safe to say Cruz is going to get tendered, but would we even have room to sign one of the other two. Could they both be gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                              Cruz, Boothe, and Bennett by March 12th?? Is it even possible. Pretty safe to say Cruz is going to get tendered, but would we even have room to sign one of the other two. Could they both be gone?
                              I think we'll tender Cruz and then work on deals with him, Nicks, and JPP during the season. Of course, IF Bennett is too expensive, that will free up some money as well as other efforts to reduce the CAP load this season so some long term deals could come about. Slip made a good point yesterday about next year only having 10 players under contract which will make it easier for Reese to project available CAP space for the next few years.

For me, the best situation would be for Nicks and Cruz to be here with Eli for the next 5 years. JPP should be a GIANT for life. I was more thinking about the amounts of those contracts. Beatty is the main guy who makes the plays possible. Nicks, Cruz and Eli make the plays he makes possible. Who deserves more or less?????
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• 27yrs old, 5years, 19mil guaranteed, 4mil cap hit per season sounds great to me for getting a top talent at LT
                                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                                X