Beatty Deal is done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Jefe View Post
    Key words. It's a solid signing. I think we overpaid some, but what can you do.
    Originally Posted by BlueReign Beatty will only get better barring injury.] Well, 19 Million of the 37.5 is Fully Guaranteed. that's a little more then 50 Percent
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• OVER 50 Percent Guaranteed is a HUGE RISK IMO
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        OVER 50 Percent Guaranteed is a HUGE RISK IMO
        unless there is a Clause in his Deal that protects the Giants in the Future years of the Contract on the Guaranteed money if he goes down with a serious injury

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

unless there is a Clause in his Deal that protects the Giants in the Future years of the Contract on the Guaranteed money if he goes down with a serious injury
          Its either a MASSIVE cap hit for years, or risking paying a player who is injured. There is no winning, but this is probably the best we can do
          Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
            Its either a MASSIVE cap hit for years, or risking paying a player who is injured. There is no winning, but this is probably the best we can do
            I don't think the Team should CAVE in so quick with a players agent that has had previous season ending or bad Injuries. I think their should be some type of protection for the Team should a player re- Injury the same Knee, foot, Neck, ETC and not have to be on the hook for years down the road

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              I think we'll tender Cruz and then work on deals with him, Nicks, and JPP during the season. Of course, IF Bennett is too expensive, that will free up some money as well as other efforts to reduce the CAP load this season so some long term deals could come about. Slip made a good point yesterday about next year only having 10 players under contract which will make it easier for Reese to project available CAP space for the next few years.

For me, the best situation would be for Nicks and Cruz to be here with Eli for the next 5 years. JPP should be a GIANT for life. I was more thinking about the amounts of those contracts. Beatty is the main guy who makes the plays possible. Nicks, Cruz and Eli make the plays he makes possible. Who deserves more or less?????
              I like the plan, and I have a feeling we will lose Bennett, which would suck, but he is the least important of the group. I am just very nervous that we are going to lose Boothe, and dare I say, try Diehl out at LG again.

Comment

I don't think the Team should CAVE in so quick with a players agent that has had previous season ending or bad Injuries. I think their should be some type of protection for the Team should a player re- Injury the same Knee, foot, Neck, ETC and not have to be on the hook for years down the road
                I wouldnt say 'cave in' when talking about signing a top talent who protects our franchise QBs blind side. The guaranteed money should have some say in what happens after an injury. If he gets more guaranteed money and gets injured then it should be easier to cut that guy
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel
                  William Beatty's 2013 cap number is $3.55M ($2.5M signing bonus proration, $1M GTD base salary & $50k workout bonus).

Makes sense that they back-loaded the contract with teams anticipating a significant cap increase in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                    I like the plan, and I have a feeling we will lose Bennett, which would suck, but he is the least important of the group. I am just very nervous that we are going to lose Boothe, and dare I say, try Diehl out at LG again.
                    Boothe is talking as though he just wants the offer lol
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Boothe is talking as though he just wants the offer lol
                      When did he talk ? What the he said ? I miss that. Do you have a link RF ?
                      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                        When did he talk ? What the he said ? I miss that. Do you have a link RF ?
                        Don't forget, in Boothe we have a back-up center

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/28/...w-york-giants/
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Don't forget, in Boothe we have a back-up center

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/28/...w-york-giants/
                          Thanks RF. If he hits FA I do feel he could get fair contract offers .
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                            Thanks RF. If he hits FA I do feel he could get fair contract offers .
                            No doubt, but let's hope he REALLY wants to be here and they can back load his deal as well.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...endly-contract

The reported numbers for Beatty's contract spread out like this:

2013: $1 million salary/$3.55 million cap number
                              2014: $4.85 million salary/$7.4 million cap number
                              2015: $5.5 million salary/$8.05 million cap number
                              2016: $6.625 million salary/$9.175 million cap number
                              2017: $6.775 million salary/$9.325 million cap number

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...endly-contract

The reported numbers for Beatty's contract spread out like this:

2013: $1 million salary/$3.55 million cap number
                                2014: $4.85 million salary/$7.4 million cap number
                                2015: $5.5 million salary/$8.05 million cap number
                                2016: $6.625 million salary/$9.175 million cap number
                                2017: $6.775 million salary/$9.325 million cap number
                                But with the guarantee, we are only really stuck through year 3??
                                We'll probably have some residual cap hit related to the up front bonus but not nearly $9M.
                                I defer to the capologists to help me with this.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X