Beatty Deal is done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    That's close to 8 mil a year, for that we coulda signed Jake Long. I was thinking something like 5 mil a year, or a 4 year deal...not sold on Beatty's overall health, not exactly an iron man like Eli.
    do what now?????
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
      #Giants 5-year, $38.75M deal with Will Beatty is a market setter for deep free-agent OT class. Jake Long, Branden Albert will want more.

Comment

THERE IS A GOD

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          I'd much rather we keep him at a much lower salary. I am predicting...not advocating.
          so your saying your ok with him as our #1 cb?
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by quan the don View Post
            In what world is someone getting Jake Long for a 8 mill a year?
            Its the name poeple are attracted to. Beatty outplayed him last year. And as far as Beatty staying healthy...he proved it last year. great signing.

Im assuming diehl/ Cweb contracts are next on the agenda. Gonna be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
              so your saying your ok with him as our #1 cb?
              Prince is our #1. I figure we will wait a bit during FA and bring in a vet corner to suppliment Webby and Hosely. If Webby goes, we'll need to bring in more than one, plus draft someone at least in the mid rounds.
              Keeping Webby means we can focus on other needs. But he needs to come back at a discount. And a big one. That's why I suspect he'll be the one cut.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Good news

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                  Its the name poeple are attracted to. Beatty outplayed him last year. And as far as Beatty staying healthy...he proved it last year. great signing.

Im assuming diehl/ Cweb contracts are next on the agenda. Gonna be interesting
                  Exactly! Long was the 21st ranked tackle in '11 and dropped to 47th in '12. Beatty seems to be improving, while Long is regressing.

Comment

“We believe he is one of the ascending left tackles in the NFL.” - Jerry Reese on Will Beatty

Will Beatty on re-signing with the Giants: "It's good to be home!"

“It’s good to be home,” Beatty told Giants.com today. “It’s a great feeling. You could be going through free agency, but when that happens a lot of stuff is going through your mind. That feeling is no longer there. You’re settled in with a great team, a team I love playing for. I know the coaching staff. I’m looking forward to getting back in it and moving forward.

“I’m glad I don’t have any of those free agency jitters to deal with. It’s settled, we’re done and we’re moving on. The contract is behind you – you just have to make sure you’re out there on the field and being a leader out there.” - From Tom Rock

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      Cruz will undoubtedly be tendered and end up with a 1 year, $2.8+ MM deal. Unless we negotiate a long term contract that is cap friendly in the short term.
                      He has to be tendered by the 4th. I don't think Reese will just let him hit FA, but he could if, as some here believe, his talents can be found anywhere at any time.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                        Good news
                        Great news lol
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          Great news lol
                          Superb news.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Awesome news. Now to cut DD and Webster (or drastic pay cuts) and resign Bennett and MAYBE Boothe if we can. Sorry, but injury prone KP isnt coming back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              Superb news.
                              Splendiferous news

Comment

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                                Awesome news. Now to cut DD and Webster (or drastic pay cuts) and resign Bennett and MAYBE Boothe if we can. Sorry, but injury prone KP isnt coming back.
                                Not so fast on releasing DD, we have Boothe to re-sign first. Diehl will be asked to take a pay cut to stay, there is no rush to release him.

Comment

Working...
                                X