Beatty Deal is done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatty Deal is done!

Let's play and try to figure out how much Reese is willing to spend on a contract for Will Beatty. The reason ? Calculating future handicaps and salary cap situation in the near future.
    Let the brain picking begin !
    He is about to turn 28 years old . So my best guess is a 5 year 37.5 mill contract . I should say that would be more or less a very " friendly team " contract in my estimation.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quality starter LT's don't come cheap. Im thinking Beatty is looking for $8-10 M a year and will get it even with his back problem history.
    We Want 5!

Comment

The back could be a sticking point. He may want to get as much money as he can as soon as he can in case he gets injured again. We may not want to risk bigger money, due to our cap troubles. We could lose him to a team with enough cap room to take a chance on his back holding up.
      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

If he wants more than 8m APY then tag him and move on.

Comment

There are certain positions where you have to pay, no problem with that but in my mind Beatty is not a top tier LT. Don't get me wrong he is very good and should be paid as a very good LT. I'm thinking in the 7-8 Mil a year range for 4 years...

Comment

I agree, you can't franchise tag him, because he is not a top 5 LT. He's more like 6-10.
            Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

The question is would we have the cap space to afford even the 5 year 37.5M contract? We need to draft a tackle round1...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                The question is would we have the cap space to afford even the 5 year 37.5M contract? We need to draft a tackle round1...
                +1
                Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  The giants only have 11 players under contract for more two seasons. Of course they will add salary to the cap when they resign guys like Nicks and JPP, but they don't have much in cap commitments going forward.

They should be able to afford Beatty if they want

Comment

Originally posted by laylow28 View Post
                    Quality starter LT's don't come cheap. Im thinking Beatty is looking for $8-10 M a year and will get it even with his back problem history.
                    If Beatty thinks that he warrants top 5 LT money, then* he's an idiot.
                    Last edited by gmen0820; 02-21-2013, 03:17 PM.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      If Beatty thinks that he warrants top 5 LT money, than he's an idiot.
                      It's not Beatty. It's what the market is for LT's and what his agent feels he can get him.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        It's not Beatty. It's what the market is for LT's and what his agent feels he can get him.
                        The franchise tag is 9.5 million, so that's the market for top 5 LTs. Beatty is not that. Guys like Jake Long (when healthy), Joe Thomas, and Ryan Clady command that type of money.

Beatty won't get more than 6 million a year, on average.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          The franchise tag is 9.5 million, so that's the market for top 5 LTs. Beatty is not that. Guys like Jake Long (when healthy), Joe Thomas, and Ryan Clady command that type of money.

Beatty won't get more than 6 million a year, on average.
                          I agree. I'm saying Beatty is not the one being an idiot and commanding money. His agent will look to get him the most money possible.
                          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I agree. I'm saying Beatty is not the one being an idiot and commanding money. His agent will look to get him the most money possible.
                            Oh certainly, and the Giants will be sure to remind the agent that his client isn't in that tier.

Comment

Problem with that is he will be fighting a very strong FA and Draft class of Tackles. I don't see a team overpaying him, and I'm pretty confident that we'll retain him if we don't pursue someone better.

Comment

Working...
                              X