Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gmen2005 View Post
    I'd love to see him restructure to bring the cap level down a bit
    Nah, you don't want that. Doing so will only raise his hit in future years.
    You think $20 mil is bad? It'll get even higher if his contract undergoes another restructure.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
      Exactly why I keep saying, he is overpaid. I dont care what he has done in the past, he isnt a top tier QB in the league (Brady, Peyton, Rodgers) and will be making over 15% of the teams cap, crippling the team around him, and really eliminating the solid chance of staying competitive to win a Superbowl in the long run. If he had a hit of say, 12-14M, we could easily keep Cruz, Nicks and maybe Phillips. Instead we most likely are losing 2 of those 3 which will be tough to rebound from. We now really have to rely on hitting HRs in the draft to fill our needs and have no slack for mistakes.

I should clarify, I LOVE ELI being on this team as he has and obviously can get it done in the postseason, but I see him as a 5-8 best QB in the league. He doesnt dominate with his arm as much as he does with his head. Great QB to have, but not sure he is worth the 21M he is going to get from here on out. It hurts the team more then helps IMO.
      Now look what ya done Roanoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
        Now look what ya done Roanoke!
        We need some excitement lol
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Eli's numbers?
          Yeah. Maybe he would be willing to do an extension or something? Something that may help the cap situation out a bit and guarantee him a longer contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            Yeah. Maybe he would be willing to do an extension or something? Something that may help the cap situation out a bit and guarantee him a longer contract.
            I guess the question is how much longer does Reese & Co. think Eli will be effective? An extension in the framework of what Brady just did would be the only financially reasonable course to take I think. But that would require more guaranteed money that we will be on the hook for even if Eli were to not finish out his contract.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Is a 2-3 year extension an option in hopes of spreading things out a bit more? Love Eli, but his cap number is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                Is a 2-3 year extension an option in hopes of spreading things out a bit more? Love Eli, but his cap number is ridiculous.
                Yes

Comment

I guess it will not be until Eli is gone before some folks will appreciate what he did for the team.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
                    I guess it will not be until Eli is gone before some folks will appreciate what he did for the team.
                    It's funny how much things can change in a single year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                      It's funny how much things can change in a single year.
                      Yea it is..... no doubt.

Comment

I feel dumber after reading this whole thread.

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
                          I feel dumber after reading this whole thread.
                          I just bought a soda for $1.25 and a candy bar for $1.00. That was a major cap hit to me right now. I think that is all I can understand at this point.

Comment

Restructures are what got the Giants in their current mess. Sometimes, you just have to pay the guy(s) in any given year and be done with it, instead of mortgaging the future by making room today. Just ask Dallas, who today are in even more trouble than the Giants are, cap-wise
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                              He is not overpaid he just has an overloaded contract due to restructures. That been said if Eli and FO are willing to work together to bring cap numbers down they can tear the actual contract and redo a new one with an extension. Plain and simple.
                              I love Eli and I hope he does just that...maybe the money he could free up helps in the retention of Nicks and Cruz.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                                We just have to nut up and eat this cap hit. No more damaging the future with his salary. Maybe an extension but this is the year to address the restructures.
                                He could help the team like Brady and take a 2 year 20 million dollar extension and lower the cap hits

Comment

Working...
                                X