Giants' Eli Manning Slated To Have League's Highest CAP Number in 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Snee's deal isn't looking to pretty, either.

And God knows Webster's deal did us no favors last year.
    we know snee has been great but on the downside of his career. why the giants cant take a book from the egals and just cut a guy with a big contract on the downside of their careers, ill never know. we seem to hang on to these guys and pay out ransoms so we dont have to teach a new guy our system. i bet any money diehl and snee don;t play a full season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
      we know snee has been great but on the downside of his career. why the giants cant take a book from the egals and just cut a guy with a big contract on the downside of their careers, ill never know. we seem to hang on to these guys and pay out ransoms so we dont have to teach a new guy our system. i bet any money diehl and snee don;t play a full season.
      Diehl, yes. Snee, no.

Diehl has been on a steep decline since 2009. Snee had an injury plagued SB 2011 year, so he deserved to be here 2012. He looks like damaged goods, but his contract is voidable at the end of this year. If he can't stay healthy, I hope he just hangs 'em up.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• here is what i would have done and this is not hind sight as i said it last preseason. fresh off SB year , here is your chance to cut some aging weight. rolle canty diehl webster snee boley and a few others. now im not saying cut all last season but a few and take that cap hit, then this offseason a few more , we would be sitting pretty with 15mill- 20mill or so to work with. ,

now we got 12-14 starters over the age of 30.
        Last edited by Harooni; 04-05-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Those depressing cap numbers listed above are why I really wouldn't mind if the team overpays slightly for Cruz. At least he'll produce.

Comment

• id bet anything he has a year that makes the cap hit look like great value (i expect an mvp type season).

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              id bet anything he has a year that makes the cap hit look like great value (i expect an mvp type season).
              I hope so , id rather not see the 2nd half of season slide. ill take a 2011 season though.

as i said this is the FO's mess and involves more than eli;s contract and restructures.

Comment

• Well said! Agree he and Snee and Rolle are killing us !!

Comment

• Awesome!!

Comment

• Eli signed a 7 year $100MM . His cap hit is high due to restructure. His average pay each year is about $14.5MM

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                      imo, any top 10 QB - including Tony Romo is priceless.
                      Pretty much. Losing one would likely do more harm than paying one.

Comment

• He needs to sign a 2-4 year extension so they can spread this out a bit. This isn't Eli's.fault. its the front office's fault for having him restructure too many times.

An extension or flat out pay cut is the only way to have his cap number lower.

Comment

• You can understand why Eli makes what he does, but when coming off a bad season it's looks like a lot more money. If he can put together another 2011 season in 2013 everyone will be happy. Surprised they didn't cut Rolle though. Would expect Snee to do a major change with his contact next year. Thinking he would like to finish out his career with the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X