I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    don't forget the Niners would have to give Cruz his money too... plus the 1st rounder
    And Reese would have to refuse to meet the offer.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      And Reese would have to refuse to meet the offer.
      yup

Comment

I see the Niners trading for Revis for a first rounder is more likely

Comment

Revis and Cruz would mean alot of cap space. I could see them getting one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
            while i would take the pick, were looking at the second to last pick in the first round. i think 9ers would see that as a pro for doing it, its not like its a sweet mid 1st round pick. might as well consider it an early shot at a second rounder that would be unlikely to fall to us.

i still dont know if they do it tho.
            Look at the big picture.. We would pick at #19, #31, then #49 ... that's 3 picks in the top 50

Comment

Only a first
              Yup my bad, max tender got reduced in latest cba

Comment

They spent a first last year on a WR. I don't see Harbaugh being the type to give up on a player after a rookie season. If they target anything, it would probably be a CB or possibly a long term replacement for Justin Smith. The cat is out of the bag on Aldon Smith not being that effective without Justin doing the dirty work and their defense won't be the same without a stout front 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  Honestly, it doesn't matter if he can be replaced by my dog. If nothing else he has perceived valued around the league and if we're going to lose him this year, we better damn well get compensation for him. It would be gross negligence on Reese's part to do otherwise.
                  Here's a question. Say a team makes an offer to Cruz and is willing to give up their first pick. Does Reese have to match the EXACT offer, or can he make a satisfactory offer and let Cruz & Co. decide which offer is best for them? I am talking about structure, not price. I am guessing the numbers have to be pretty close.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Here's a question. Say a team makes an offer to Cruz and is willing to give up their first pick. Does Reese have to match the EXACT offer, or can he make a satisfactory offer and let Cruz & Co. decide which offer is best for them? I am talking about structure, not price. I am guessing the numbers have to be pretty close.
                    Match

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                      Match
                      I k now that's the word they use, and you may be right, but still I'd like to be sure that's the case. Suppose Reese cam back and said I can't do X but I can make up for that with Y

Comment

I k now that's the word they use, and you may be right, but still I'd like to be sure that's the case. Suppose Reese cam back and said I can't do X but I can make up for that with Y
                        If Cruz agrees to a deal with another team, we can match it or hes a goner.

Comment

Good Question. I'm going to say Reese has to exactly match the contract offer because Cruz would have had to sign the 49ers' contract offer sheet beforehand to force Reese's decision on matching or taking the draft pick. Basically, Cruz is effectively signed to the contract when he puts his signature on the paper. It's just a matter of who will own his contract.
                          Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

They could just sign Mike Wallace if they want a receiver.

Comment

That's a great question about how you have to match. Like, what if the guaranteed money was the same and the overall value was the same, but more back loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                                They could just sign Mike Wallace if they want a receiver.
                                Don't give the 49ers any ideas... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X