I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRH54 View Post
    Pretty good asset management if you can flip an undrafted player into a first round pick. Would I like to see Cruz stay....... of course. but if the numbers don't make sense then you move on, that's what depth players are for. Cruz has to be careful where he ends up, is going to be used the same way as he was in NY. On the other hand are the Giants going to run the ball more next year and not rely on the passing game as much. That would lessen the blow of losing Cruz.
    Better asset management to find a way to keep Nicks and Cruz together with Eli
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      The tender value of a first round pick in just under $3M. Next year, in Cruz's case, he could be franchise tagged which would be in excess of $10M.
      Yeh thats insane, tender and see what happens then. I dont think anyone is giving up a 1st rounder for him anyway, but for other teams, like SF, the thought of taking Cruz from us has to be tempting.

Comment

49ers already have a good slot guy. His name is Michael Crabtree

Comment

I don't think anyone will make a run at Cruz, because I think he will be tendered. But easily replaceable I'm going to have to disagree with it. I would hat to lose Cruz even for a first round, mainly this year. In case the 49rs do get Cruz, and we do get their 1st round who would we get??? Maybe Kevin Minter or Te'o.. Seriously another 1st would imporve our team, but losing Cruz would be something that we couldn't overcome with a 1st round in this year's draft.

Comment

Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Mike Wallace, Danny Amendola... There are other guys teams can acquire without expending a first round pick to do so.

Comment

If I were Cruz I would do it. The 49ers are a legit contender capernic will be a good qb for the next 7 years Eli might have a couple solid years left. Plus we know the giants they are hit or miss 49 are a solid lock. We have oline an
              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                If I were Cruz I would do it. The 49ers are a legit contender capernic will be a good qb for the next 7 years Eli might have a couple solid years left. Plus we know the giants they are hit or miss 49 are a solid lock. We have oline an
                Of course, Cruz should do it if the Niners offer him substantially more than the Giants. He should probably do it even if they offer him a little more than the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                  hello, police. i think ive been trolled.

Comment

Odd, because I have the feeling that no one pursues Victor until next year. Hmmm.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                      Odd, because I have the feeling that no one pursues Victor until next year. Hmmm.
                      +1 and by then he'll have a long term deal from Reese
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

1st and a 3rd for Cruz? I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Giants5699 View Post
                          I'd take it if someone inexplicably offered it.
                          Fixed.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                            How did it go with Brandon Jacobs? And aren't they gunning for Revis too? The Giants don't need the Niners to not make the playoffs, they can do that by themselves. When the Giants make it to the dance though, it does not matter how good the team they're supposed to be playing against, all bets are off and they can rise to the occasion. This is the same team who beat the 16-0 Patriots and 15-1 Packers after all.
                            Jacobs is not Cruz. Cruz is in the prime of his career.

Comment

Cruz has talent, but has been said multiple times he is not a top 5 receiver in the NFL, the past two season he has double digit drops, he doesn't do much for Run blocking, has ran wrong routes ( as many others ) he was taken out of numerous games last season despite his 1000yard numbers

his ability is in his elusiveness

he is replaceable, like anyone is replaceable, there are superior receivers then him,

Comment

Originally posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
                                Cruz has talent, but has been said multiple times he is not a top 5 receiver in the NFL, the past two season he has double digit drops, he doesn't do much for Run blocking, has ran wrong routes ( as many others ) he was taken out of numerous games last season despite his 1000yard numbers

his ability is in his elusiveness

he is replaceable, like anyone is replaceable, there are superior receivers then him,
                                Agreed , he hurt himself badly by putting in some really bad games last year. When Nicks was playing hurt, Cruz had some absolutely horrible games. I seriously doubt any team is willing to pay the salary he wants while he has the RFA obligations attached to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X