I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the feeling the 49ers will make a run at Cruz

Even though Cruz is restricted, Cruz is relatively young and would make an instant impact on the 49ers. The extra draft picks the 49ers acquired from the Chiefs make this a real possibility. It is right along Harbaugh's line of thinking too. Improve the 49ers offense and weaken one of their potential playoff rivals.

Except that while he'd weaken our passing game a little, he'd bolster us by giving us a second 1st rounder.

Comment

How did it go with Brandon Jacobs? And aren't they gunning for Revis too? The Giants don't need the Niners to not make the playoffs, they can do that by themselves. When the Giants make it to the dance though, it does not matter how good the team they're supposed to be playing against, all bets are off and they can rise to the occasion. This is the same team who beat the 16-0 Patriots and 15-1 Packers after all.

Comment

Cruz for a first rounder?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Except that while he'd weaken our passing game a little, he'd bolster us by giving us a second 1st rounder.
          while i would take the pick, were looking at the second to last pick in the first round. i think 9ers would see that as a pro for doing it, its not like its a sweet mid 1st round pick. might as well consider it an early shot at a second rounder that would be unlikely to fall to us.

i still dont know if they do it tho.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterIsComing View Post
            Even though Cruz is restricted, Cruz is relatively young and would make an instant impact on the 49ers. The extra draft picks the 49ers acquired from the Chiefs make this a real possibility. It is right along Harbaugh's line of thinking too. Improve the 49ers offense and weaken one of their potential playoff rivals.
            It could happen, but it's not probable for a 1st round pick. We'll see if Reese tenders Cruz by March 4th.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
              while i would take the pick, were looking at the second to last pick in the first round. i think 9ers would see that as a pro for doing it, its not like its a sweet mid 1st round pick. might as well consider it an early shot at a second rounder that would be unlikely to fall to us.

i still dont know if they do it tho.
              Considering we've gotten guys like Kiwi, KP, and Nicks in the bottom of the first, it's not like there's not excellent players to be had there.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                It could happen, but it's not probable for a 1st round pick. We'll see if Reese tenders Cruz by March 4th.
                If Cruz isn't tendered or have a new deal by then, Reese should be fired.

Comment

If Cruz isn't tendered or have a new deal by then, Reese should be fired.
                  There are those here who would disagree with you and me. Cruz can be replaced by any average WR it has been suggested.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Cruz will get tendered, if not extended. If the niners want to give us a first and third, then great.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      There are those here who would disagree with you and me. Cruz can be replaced by any average WR it has been suggested.
                      Honestly, it doesn't matter if he can be replaced by my dog. If nothing else he has perceived valued around the league and if we're going to lose him this year, we better damn well get compensation for him. It would be gross negligence on Reese's part to do otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                        Cruz will get tendered, if not extended. If the niners want to give us a first and third, then great.
                        Only a first

Comment

don't forget the Niners would have to give Cruz his money too... plus the 1st rounder

Comment

Honestly, it doesn't matter if he can be replaced by my dog. If nothing else he has perceived valued around the league and if we're going to lose him this year, we better damn well get compensation for him. It would be gross negligence on Reese's part to do otherwise.
                            I am sure you're right, I happen to think Cruz has unique talents, and do you want me to talk to Jerry about a work out for your pooch? Reese is likely to wait until the last moment to apply the tender.

Comment

Like I said in the Alex Smith traded thread in the General Sports forum yesterday, the 49ers are getting No. 34 from the Chiefs and will have the No. 31 and No. 34 picks in the draft. From the 49ers perspective, outbidding the Giants and forking over the No. 31 pick isn't much of a sacrifice for them now. It's a possibility. The real question is how desperate they are for Victor Cruz... We have an offseason to find out. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X