No announcement yet.

If Cruz were to leave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be depressed. He's my favorite player, I have his jerseys, the white superbowl one, and a blue home one. They can't afford to lose him! He's an awesome WR, and one of the best players for the Giants!

Sorry for the vent, I just want him to stick around!

Comment

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
      The buzz in league circles is that WR Greg Jennings is looking for as much as $12M per year http://wp.me/p14QSB-7sIa

Wow I don't think he gets that but if he does it would create big problems for the Giants effort to resign Cuz.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
        Where is Steve Smith now? Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second Cruz is going anyplace, but if it did happen, just thinking about possible replacements.
        Steve Smith? I'll take him. He's been impressive in Carolina. Bit of an attitude problem.

Oh wait, you mean the other Steve Smith? Thought he died.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          The answer is simple.

If Cruz were to get an offer from some other team and the giants don't match, the giants get a first round pick, then they draft Tavon Austin with it.
          Austin & Wilson on the field at the same time would be a problem for opposing defenses. With Nicks and Randle (assuming he takes that next step) on the outside.

Comment

Tavon Austin would be a perfect replacement for Cruz if they aren't high on JJ already. Otherwise, they could look at Tank Carradine with that late 1st rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
              Jerrel Jernigan...the guy who was originally drafted to fill SS12's role in the slot.
              this! a real possibility.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                The answer is simple.

If Cruz were to get an offer from some other team and the giants don't match, the giants get a first round pick, then they draft Tavon Austin with it.
                That's something I haven't envisioned before. Can't say I'd be all that mad with that scenario. Austin would be an animal in this system.
                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

That's something I haven't envisioned before. Can't say I'd be all that mad with that scenario. Austin would be an animal in this system.
                  No assurance Austin will be available that late. You gave up Cruz on a prayer? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by danielboone View Post
                    No assurance Austin will be available that late. You gave up Cruz on a prayer? I doubt it.
                    You don't know if it will be late at all. Right now Austin is a borderline 1st rounder anyway. I don't think the Giants will be praying for Austin if they lose Cruz...although it would be good thing if he's available but it's not like they'd be hurting to draft him. They already have high a draft pick invested at the position in Jernigan anyway. So worst comes to worst if Austin isn't available they trust their previous drafts to pick up the slack and won't have to spend a 1st on WR.

Comment

I think people are really underestimating Victor Cruz. This is no one-game lucky to be here player. This is the guy who has led the team in receiving two years straight even setting a team all-time record one of those years. This is the guy who played ahead of all those guys you think will easily replace him. In other words he beat them out in practice and in game performance. And people are willing to trade him so easily for an unknown late first round pick? The percentage for first rounders turning into first rate players is much smaller than people here realize.

Comment

I think people are really underestimating Victor Cruz. This is no one-game lucky to be here player. This is the guy who has led the team in receiving two years straight even setting a team all-time record one of those years. This is the guy who played ahead of all those guys you think will easily replace him. In other words he beat them out in practice and in game performance. And people are willing to trade him so easily for an unknown late first round pick? The percentage for first rounders turning into first rate players is much smaller than people here realize.
                        I don't think anyone thinks he will be easy to replace but the Giants are only willing to pay so much for him. I expect the Giants to give Cruz a first round tender this year and we will see what happens. For what it is worth I highly doubt any NFL team is willing to give up a first and a huge contract to Cruz and if they are the Giants can match it if they so chose.

Comment

I agree (for the record I think he'll sign with the Giants) but....he's asking to be paid #1 receiver money...it's too much considering he doesn't even play the X. If the Giants end up giving him what he wants then what about other guys like Phillips, Nicks, JPP, Joseph etc... and other guys down the line. The Giants have to be weary of overspending on a slot receiver...even if he's as dynamic as he is.

Comment

I agree (for the record I think he'll sign with the Giants) but....he's asking to be paid #1 receiver money...it's too much considering he doesn't even play the X. If the Giants end up giving him what he wants then what about other guys like Phillips, Nicks, JPP, Joseph etc... and other guys down the line. The Giants have to be weary of overspending on a slot receiver...even if he's as dynamic as he is.
                            Truly, we don't know what he's asking for. We know from John Mara that it was "too much" but we don't know what that is or was.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                              I don't think anyone thinks he will be easy to replace but the Giants are only willing to pay so much for him. I expect the Giants to give Cruz a first round tender this year and we will see what happens. For what it is worth I highly doubt any NFL team is willing to give up a first and a huge contract to Cruz and if they are the Giants can match it if they so chose.
                              John Mara was clear on the process, tender him if they have to and work on a long term deal during the season.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                Truly, we don't know what he's asking for. We know from John Mara that it was "too much" but we don't know what that is or was.
                                Today is was reported that Greg Jennings wants 12mil per year. So hopefully Cruz knows there is no way the Giants will come near that.

Comment

Working...
                                X