Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cruz were to leave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I really don't think Cruz has proven he can be "that guy." When Nicks was hurt and playing, Cruz's number were horrible. Not just down, they were horrible! The whole league watched as Victor proved he wasn't a legit #1 receiver. If Victor leaves you've got a starting pair of Nicks and Randle, I think a lot of teams would be happy to take that. Then you've got to find a slot receiver, a role Hixon or Jerrnigan could fill, or pehaps a FA or draftee. I love Victor in his current role; but if his agent is looking over $6-7 Mil/ per year, he's way out of line. I'd be surprised if the Giants go much more than $5.5mil for him.
    The only reason Cruz's numbers dropped was due to Nicks being injured. If we lose Cruz and Nicks gets Healthy.....I bet my bottom dollar that Nicks' numbers wont be close to what he has done previously. Remember the phrase...."It Takes Two to make things go Right" Same deal here. without one , you cannot have the other. These 2 guys compliment each other very well.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Steve Smith is no longer Steve Smith. Cruz is playing here in 2013.
      How would you know that, since you are not in any way shape or form part of Giants management, you have no clue in regards to Cruz if he will be here or not. He is asking for boat loads of $, something the Giants do not pay anyone but their franchise QB, the guy is looking for close the Larry Fitzgerald money, and he is NO L.F.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #78
        I can't even picture Cruz on another team, the thought makes me sick.. Cut Diehl, Webster, Tuck, Rolle.. who ever

        lock em up Jerry..!!

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
          The only reason Cruz's numbers dropped was due to Nicks being injured. If we lose Cruz and Nicks gets Healthy.....I bet my bottom dollar that Nicks' numbers wont be close to what he has done previously. Remember the phrase...."It Takes Two to make things go Right" Same deal here. without one , you cannot have the other. These 2 guys compliment each other very well.
          Except that Nicks' numbers don't change whether Cruz is playing or not.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Drez View Post
            Nicks, when healthy, can consistently win routes when covered up, either singled or doubled. And he can do it on the outside where the route options are much more limited. Cruz' numbers dipped because he couldn't routinely beat those coverages. And honestly, if you can't win routes when you're covered up, you're not worth top receiver money.
            OMG -- Dude you are so far out in Left Field its pathetic (no offense) Apparently Im not the only one saying IT WAS NICKS'S INJURY -- I just happened to be the first one to say it --- And NO NICKS cant consistently beat Double Coverage with another saftey underneath -- But CRUZ did it alot last season.

            I dont know which game/s your watching but it surely wasn't the Giants Games. You sure you weren't Watching TOM CRUISE play Flag Football??

            Peace
            Dan

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by danme View Post
              OMG -- Dude you are so far out in Left Field its pathetic (no offense) Apparently Im not the only one saying IT WAS NICKS'S INJURY -- I just happened to be the first one to say it --- And NO NICKS cant consistently beat Double Coverage with another saftey underneath -- But CRUZ did it alot last season.

              I dont know which game/s your watching but it surely wasn't the Giants Games. You sure you weren't Watching TOM CRUISE play Flag Football??

              Peace
              Dan
              If that's what you think, that's fine. Reality begs to differ.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by danme View Post
                OMG -- Dude you are so far out in Left Field its pathetic (no offense) Apparently Im not the only one saying IT WAS NICKS'S INJURY -- I just happened to be the first one to say it --- And NO NICKS cant consistently beat Double Coverage with another saftey underneath -- But CRUZ did it alot last season.

                I dont know which game/s your watching but it surely wasn't the Giants Games. You sure you weren't Watching TOM CRUISE play Flag Football??

                Peace
                Dan
                They are both excellent receivers but I did notice that Cruz became tentative after some brutal hits mid season by the Steelers and some other teams. Just putting that out there.
                No one remembers who came in second.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Drez View Post
                  Except that Nicks' numbers don't change whether Cruz is playing or not.
                  SHOW ME THE STATS BUD!
                  "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    This is one of those debates that will never really be resolved; Nicks better than Cruz, Cruz better than Nicks. Suffice it to say that having them both on this team should be the goal because Eli is better when they are and our chances of making a playoff run improves.
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by The_ One View Post
                      How would you know that, since you are not in any way shape or form part of Giants management, you have no clue in regards to Cruz if he will be here or not.
                      Tendering him with a 1st round pick will pretty much lock him up for 2013. His contract doesn't need to be sorted right now.

                      It's highly unlikely that Cruz will be elsewhere come week one.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        I have no more jerseys left! I had Osi for defense and Ahmad for offense....so i guess im starting from scratch...i think i'll get a Eli jersey for some consistency

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Well we will see before the day is over because this is the last day for tenders! Put up or shut up Giants!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by GiantsSB23 View Post
                            Well we will see before the day is over because this is the last day for tenders! Put up or shut up Giants!
                            I'm not sure of that although that's what I have been thinking. The franchise tag deadline is today.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              They are both excellent receivers but I did notice that Cruz became tentative after some brutal hits mid season by the Steelers and some other teams. Just putting that out there.
                              Not for nothing JOMO -- But if you read my past posts in this thread I already mentioned Cruz hearing Footsteps

                              Peace Bro

                              Dan

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                This is one of those debates that will never really be resolved; Nicks better than Cruz, Cruz better than Nicks. Suffice it to say that having them both on this team should be the goal because Eli is better when they are and our chances of making a playoff run improves.
                                Hi Again Roanoke -- There is no debate on weather Nicks is better than Cruz or Vice Versa. I do agree that subject is one I personally would'nt want to go to --- It is too sublective. The debate is is Cruz's body of work able to be duplicated with 1 or more Wideouts.

                                Peace
                                Dan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X