PFF: Performance Based Value: New York Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Nothing truer has been said. People always forget to mention that Stevie was often out of position.
    At least Stevie Brown was able to make plays on the ball, something Rolle doesn't offer at all.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      Although that could be part of the reason He was so successful. Defenses thinking RG was going to run it and they pitch it to Morris who was getting huge gains
      Morris was successful because he fits Shanny's running system to a T. Remember, Shannahan is the guy that got 1000 yard seasons out of guys like Olandis Gary and Mike Bell, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
        At least Stevie Brown was able to make plays on the ball, something Rolle doesn't offer at all.
        Rolle wasn't often put in a position to ball hawk the way Brown was.

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          You really are an ignorant little troll, aren't you?
          So he graded well where?

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            No they are grading his targets as targets position doesnt matter
            Thanks. Didn't know if they used the same criteria for al DBs or different for CB and S.

Comment

Rolle wasn't often put in a position to ball hawk the way Brown was.
              I understand that, but even when he does play in coverage.. he's never been that good.. and that goes back to when he first signed with the Giants

Comment

I understand that, but even when he does play in coverage.. he's never been that good.. and that goes back to when he first signed with the Giants
                I think they play so much Cover 3 because they are afraid of playing him in the deep half

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  So he graded well where?
                  I'll say this slowly so you might understand. I never said he graded well anywhere. I asked about the criteria by which he was graded. I understand that you're not the brightest, so you may not understand that distinction. No do me a favor and piss off.

Comment

That's the point. People make excuses for him all the time. Where has he played well? Don't think he is the worst, just highly paid for lack of production.

Comment

I'll say this slowly so you might understand. I never said he graded well anywhere. I asked about the criteria by which he was graded. I understand that you're not the brightest, so you may not understand that distinction. No do me a favor and piss off.
                      What difference does it make? Has he played well at either position? If you say no than what difference does the criteria make? Playing bad is playing bad.

Comment

What difference does it make? Has he played well at either position? If you say no than what difference does the criteria make? Playing bad is playing bad.
                        Whatever.

Comment

That's the point. People make excuses for him all the time. Where has he played well? Don't think he is the worst, just highly paid for lack of production.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            Although that could be part of the reason He was so successful. Defenses thinking RG was going to run it and they pitch it to Morris who was getting huge gains
                            I agree, that helped him churn yards up the middle...

That's why RG3 started raising his hands when he they would call a play action. He was getting leveled w/o having the ball, before the D knew it Morris was 5 or 6 yards up field....

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

It's funny how Antrel Rolle likes to call himself a ball hawk...

ummm i dont see it

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

If Rolle was released, I think it would give the Giants enough cash to offer KP a fair and acceptable raise. I think the sticking point will be the Giants wanting KP to be on the field to earn it. An incentive package based on playing time is likely the best way to go, but it sounds like Phillips doesn't want that on him. If that type of deal gets done with Phillips, I see Rolle leaving. We have decent depth at safety to KP a shot to stay on the field. Now if we had one more reliable CB, Webster could be a cap casualty too.
                                # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Working...
                                X