Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerrel Jernigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
    And if he wasn't really a receiver in college (I don't disagree with you), then why was he picked in the 3rd round? That's an awfully high pick for a "project".

    I submit he was picked that high because he was an outstanding returner in college and exhibited high potential to convert his speed, quickness and athleticism into a good #2 or 3 receiver. At the time we were in desperate need of a consistent returner who could give us good field advantage more often than not, as well as a third receiver (the draft was before we knew we were losing Smith).
    .
    After 2 full seasons (pre season or not his first year), he has shown little-to-nothing in either role. After 2 full seasons, Jernigan is exactly like Sinorace was at this time in his career with the Giants.

    Do we really need to take up roster room with him another 2 more years before moving on?

    I think not.

    NEXT!
    Reese has said he will take talent and find a place for it rather than fill a need if there is enough talent.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
      And if he wasn't really a receiver in college (I don't disagree with you), then why was he picked in the 3rd round? That's an awfully high pick for a "project".

      I submit he was picked that high because he was an outstanding returner in college and exhibited high potential to convert his speed, quickness and athleticism into a good #2 or 3 receiver. At the time we were in desperate need of a consistent returner who could give us good field advantage more often than not, as well as a third receiver (the draft was before we knew we were losing Smith).
      .
      After 2 full seasons (pre season or not his first year), he has shown little-to-nothing in either role. After 2 full seasons, Jernigan is exactly like Sinorace was at this time in his career with the Giants.

      Do we really need to take up roster room with him another 2 more years before moving on?

      I think not.

      NEXT!
      He actually didn't return punts until his senior year.

      He was a kick returner/receiver/running back for most of his career

      And he's had 10 kick returns for 250 yards in the nfl, which is pretty good. That's top 10 in the league.

      He hasent even got a chance to return a punt yet, every one he had had was a fair catch.

      And as for getting rid of him, you don't "move on" from a second year 3rd round pick. He's essentially free to keep and has upside


      As for his production his first two years... Amani Toomer had a total of 635 yards in his first three years combined. And he was nearly a first round pick
      Last edited by slipknottin; 03-01-2013, 01:53 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Way to early to move on. He may be the Giants future in the slot if they are unable to resign Cruz.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
          agreed
          I have said this before...thank god fans do not make personnel decisions
          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

          1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

          Comment


          • #20
            He will most likely finish out his rookie contract no matter what
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
              dont like him at all
              Because?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                Because?
                You want reasons?
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  You want reasons?
                  RF I have a web page question...do not know if you can help....I keep getting logged off...I do not understand why....I have never had this problem before.....I will go to make a post and it tells me I have to log in
                  "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                  1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    J.J Stats from college impressive
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...errel-jernigan
                    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      He will most likely finish out his rookie contract no matter what
                      Exactly. It makes no financial sense to release those guys. They make a tiny amount of money. If Jernigan was making 5 million it would possibly make some sense

                      But fans here tend to over react anyway. Last season how many posts were there that Prince was a bust. Even early this year there were posts that Hosley > Prince

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                        Some guys never make the adjustment from college to the NFL....some take longer....fans have a tendency to want immediate results and it just does not happen often....for every player that has a good rookie year there are 100 that don't see much time at all....
                        "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                        1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Exactly. It makes no financial sense to release those guys. They make a tiny amount of money. If Jernigan was making 5 million it would possibly make some sense

                          But fans here tend to over react anyway. Last season how many posts were there that Prince was a bust. Even early this year there were posts that Hosley > Prince
                          +1
                          Glad I just asked if he was or was not lol
                          Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            +1

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Assuming Cruz plays here this year, and that we re-sign Hixon, I don't see how JJ can really prove that much. He will probably be the 5th receiver on the depth chart. Barring injury of coarse.
                              #80

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                                RF I have a web page question...do not know if you can help....I keep getting logged off...I do not understand why....I have never had this problem before.....I will go to make a post and it tells me I have to log in
                                If you've been "lurking" for a period of time and then decide to post, you can get caught in a default time out (not as in punishment). It happens to me if I scan through several threads looking for "evildoers" and then decide to make a comment.

                                How often does it happen?
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X