Jerrel Jernigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
    Strictly as a receiver Jernigan has done well when the ball has been thrown his way in limited time.....I don't want to hear about muffed punts....Im talking as a receiver and when he does have his hands on the ball he has a quickness that just makes me think that given the chance... Id like to see more
    He's dropped more balls than he's caught.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
      Assuming Cruz plays here this year, and that we re-sign Hixon, I don't see how JJ can really prove that much. He will probably be the 5th receiver on the depth chart. Barring injury of coarse.
      If they re-sign Hixon, which I hope, he may do returns. Think of Hixon as a transition receiver in the sense that he's good to have around until another player, Jernigan for example, is ready to take over. He's also a receiver you can plug in anywhere and know he will do what you ask of that position.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
        And if he wasn't really a receiver in college (I don't disagree with you), then why was he picked in the 3rd round? That's an awfully high pick for a "project".

I submit he was picked that high because he was an outstanding returner in college and exhibited high potential to convert his speed, quickness and athleticism into a good #2 or 3 receiver. At the time we were in desperate need of a consistent returner who
        could give us good field advantage more often than not, as well as a third receiver (the draft was before we knew we were losing Smith).
        After 2 full seasons (pre season or not his first year), he has shown little-to-nothing in either role. After 2 full seasons, Jernigan is exactly like Sinorace was at this time in his career with the Giants.

Do we really need to take up roster room with him another 2 more years before moving on?

I think not.
        NEXT!

That's a great example of tunnel vision on your part. And I don't believe JJ even returned punts his senior year. Stating that JJ and Moss are exactly alike is proof you have little knowledge of Jernigan thus your inaccurate statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          He had 3 receptions, how many times was he targeted?
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            He actually didn't return punts until his senior year.

He was a kick returner/receiver/running back for most of his career

And he's had 10 kick returns for 250 yards in the nfl, which is pretty good. That's top 10 in the league.

He hasent even got a chance to return a punt yet, every one he had had was a fair catch.

And as for getting rid of him, you don't "move on" from a second year 3rd round pick. He's essentially free to keep and has upside

As for his production his first two years... Amani Toomer had a total of 635 yards in his first three years combined. And he was

nearly a first round pick
            Well said!

Comment

I have said this before...thank god fans do not make personnel decisions
              +1

Comment

Wrong He had 4 balls hit his hands and he caught all 4. 3 for first downs I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                  That's a great example of tunnel vision on your part. And I don't believe JJ even returned punts his senior year. Stating that JJ and Moss are exactly alike is proof you have little knowledge of Jernigan thus your inaccurate statement.
                  Until his senior year! ooops

Comment

I am not going to argue but you are confusing punt returns with passes...he has dropped a couple of punts HE has NEVER dropped a pass that I am aware of....
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                      He had 3 receptions, how many times was he targeted?
                      I thought it was 4 but your probably correct. I know he dropped none and at least two if not all three were for key first downs.

Comment

I am not going to argue but you are confusing punt returns with passes...he has dropped a couple of punts HE has NEVER dropped a pass that I am aware of....
                        You are correct he had no drops.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
                          I thought it was 4 but your probably correct. I know he dropped none and at least two if not all three were for key first downs.
                          1of those was followed by a nice run for a good chunk of yardage....people only see what they want to see.
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

1of those was followed by a nice run for a good chunk of yardage....people only see what they want to see.
                            Your right, thank goodness the majority on this board haven't closed the book on this kid. He has a lot to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              Exactly. It makes no financial sense to release those guys. They make a tiny amount of money. If Jernigan was making 5 million it would possibly make some sense

But fans here tend to over react anyway. Last season how many posts were there that Prince was a bust. Even early this year there were posts that Hosley > Prince
                              That's when my dog heads for cover lol
                              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-01-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                                Way to early to move on. He may be the Giants future in the slot if they are unable to resign Cruz.
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X