• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerrel Jernigan

Is this kid another Sinorice Moss?
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Not yet, i think this is the year that will decide that

Comment

I give all the guys in the 2011 draft class an extra year because they missed almost all training camp their rookie year. Last season was their first real season.

Plus JJ wasent really a receiver in college. He has to learn how to properly run routes and read defenses. It's a lot to ask of him to be sure. But I give him time

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
        Not yet, i think this is the year that will decide that
        +1

He needs to start contributing this year.

Comment

slipknottin great point about the training camp. I forgot about it what a DUH I am.

Well lets hope he preforms this year.
          Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

Originally posted by ibbill View Post
            83rd overall pick vs the 44th overall pick are completely different stories
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

slipknottin great point about the training camp. I forgot about it what a DUH I am.

Well lets hope he preforms this year.
              Strictly as a receiver Jernigan has done well when the ball has been thrown his way in limited time.....I don't want to hear about muffed punts....Im talking as a receiver and when he does have his hands on the ball he has a quickness that just makes me think that given the chance... Id like to see more
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                Strictly as a receiver Jernigan has done well when the ball has been thrown his way in limited time.....I don't want to hear about muffed punts....Im talking as a receiver and when he does have his hands on the ball he has a quickness that just makes me think that given the chance... Id like to see more
                He actually had a really nice return against NO. Though who didn't that game. I think he may be the main returner next year.

Comment

this will be the year where he either makes it or goes somewhere else
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    He actually had a really nice return against NO. Though who didn't that game. I think he may be the main returner next year.
                    I honestly think with more reps his confidence would pick up and the natural talent comes out....right now he's thinking too much because he has muffed some and its inhibiting his talent......
                    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Agreed. With Wilson's increased workload he will be too valuable to be the returner. Jernigan is very shifty.
                      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Too early to tell, but let's assume he will take advantage of his opportunities
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

dont like him at all
                          sigpic
                          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

I give all the guys in the 2011 draft class an extra year because they missed almost all training camp their rookie year. Last season was their first real season.

Plus JJ wasent really a receiver in college. He has to learn how to properly run routes and read defenses. It's a lot to ask of him to be sure. But I give him time
                            And if he wasn't really a receiver in college (I don't disagree with you), then why was he picked in the 3rd round? That's an awfully high pick for a "project".

I submit he was picked that high because he was an outstanding returner in college and exhibited high potential to convert his speed, quickness and athleticism into a good #2 or 3 receiver. At the time we were in desperate need of a consistent returner who could give us good field advantage more often than not, as well as a third receiver (the draft was before we knew we were losing Smith).
                            After 2 full seasons (pre season or not his first year), he has shown little-to-nothing in either role. After 2 full seasons, Jernigan is exactly like Sinorace was at this time in his career with the Giants.

Do we really need to take up roster room with him another 2 more years before moving on?

I think not.

NEXT!

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                              And if he wasn't really a receiver in college (I don't disagree with you), then why was he picked in the 3rd round? That's an awfully high pick for a "project".

I submit he was picked that high because he was an outstanding returner in college and exhibited high potential to convert his speed, quickness and athleticism into a good #2 or 3 receiver. At the time we were in desperate need of a consistent returner who could give us good field advantage more often than not, as well as a third receiver (the draft was before we knew we were losing Smith).
                              After 2 full seasons (pre season or not his first year), he has shown little-to-nothing in either role. After 2 full seasons, Jernigan is exactly like Sinorace was at this time in his career with the Giants.

Do we really need to take up roster room with him another 2 more years before moving on?

I think not.

NEXT!
                              agreed
                              sigpic
                              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Working...
                              X