Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salary cap 2014.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Salary cap 2014.

    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Giants need cap room, but restructuring contracts won't be easy. Their cap situation for 2014 isn't great. Look ... http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f...source=twitter
    Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

    Glass half empty or half full ?
    Obviously whatever moves the FO makes in 2013 restructuring deals affects next years cap. They can make more tough choices now and start getting strong cap wise or keep getting handicap dragging along cap hits.
    Thoughts ?
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

  • #2
    Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    Giants need cap room, but restructuring contracts won't be easy. Their cap situation for 2014 isn't great. Look ... http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f...source=twitter
    Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

    Glass half empty or half full ?
    Obviously whatever moves the FO makes in 2013 restructuring deals affects next years cap. They can make more tough choices now and start getting strong cap wise or keep getting handicap dragging along cap hits.
    Thoughts ?
    not to sound like a ****** but lets worry about this years cap problems and this years team
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

    2015 season tbd

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
      not to sound like a ****** but lets worry about this years cap problems and this years team
      Ha, no problem bro but you see that's precisely my point and Ralph's for that matter. You can't turn shut-eye not thinking ahead. Every intelligent FO is wired like this and Reese for sure has is sight ahead, even more with so many money to throw around next year. All I'm saying is Reese had a play all along for this year, who could go and who's staying but he was to be ACCOUNTABLE on his financial decisions to keep building for the future and maintain a franchise contending year in and year out.
      " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

      Comment


      • #4
        His math blows.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
          His math blows.
          Tell us how you really feel
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            His math blows.
            Hey my math isn't that good either but he has links to support that tweet, that been said the numbers can be trick on what's the amount of cash available. Heck I told you yesterday is mind-boggling calculating spent money with so many moves, contract restructures, dead money, etc.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow. Wasn't there a thread this week that talked about how we are in much better shape in 2014. I believe it had a link that listed the players that had salaries over $1 million, and it wasn't that many.
              #80

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                Wow. Wasn't there a thread this week that talked about how we are in much better shape in 2014. I believe it had a link that listed the players that had salaries over $1 million, and it wasn't that many.
                There are more versions of CAP space than.............fill in the blank
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  There are more versions of CAP space than.............fill in the blank
                  than fans that think they know more than the front office
                  "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

                  1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                    Hey my math isn't that good either but he has links to support that tweet, that been said the numbers can be trick on what's the amount of cash available. Heck I told you yesterday is mind-boggling calculating spent money with so many moves, contract restructures, dead money, etc.
                    I'll post later and go through all the contracts for 2014.

                    But even with his numbers, they would have nearly 15 mil to sign 15 or so low end free agents. Which is plenty
                    Last edited by slipknottin; 03-01-2013, 02:59 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                      than fans that think they know more than the front office
                      That's a LOT OF FANS
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        I'll post later and go through all the contracts for 2014.

                        But even with his numbers, they would have nearly 15 mil to sign 15 or so low end free agents. Which is plenty
                        By all account a monumental task tyring to decipher that puzzle.
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                          Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
                          Giants need cap room, but restructuring contracts won't be easy. Their cap situation for 2014 isn't great. Look ... http://sulia.com/c/new-york-giants/f...source=twitter
                          Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

                          Glass half empty or half full ?
                          Obviously whatever moves the FO makes in 2013 restructuring deals affects next years cap. They can make more tough choices now and start getting strong cap wise or keep getting handicap dragging along cap hits.
                          Thoughts ?
                          Way to old to worry about 2014 just glad I woke up and seen the grass under my feet. Go get them now forget 2014 lmao
                          Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                            Way to old to worry about 2014 just glad I woke up and seen the grass under my feet. Go get them now forget 2014 lmao
                            I get what you are saying but FOs around the league don't have the luxury of thinking that way, well at least the good ones Like it or not they always have to look ahead because their actions in present time have repercussions in years to come.
                            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
                              By all account a monumental task tyring to decipher that puzzle.
                              It's a lot simpler than people think.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X