Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the 86 team Phil Simms team or LTs team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
    when you watch Simms in the superbowl you see who's team it is. That said LT was a major piece on Defense.
    one good game doesn't define you.

Comment

LT was never a leader.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
        LT was never a leader.
        No way you can say that. There are many types of leaders. LT, by the way he played the game, was a huge inspiration to the guys on the team. He was always fired up. Never stopped playing. Battled through some injuries. That is a leader in many ways. All that being said, Carson was actually "The Man."
        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
          The truth.
          sigpic

Comment

Harry was definitely the guy who threw the chairs in the locker room at halftime.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
              How many captains were sent out for the coin toss during the SB ? If you don't remember it was Harry Carson all by himself with 9 Broncos. The Giants knew who their leader was.
              Great point, Blue

Comment

One led the offense one led the defense - not sure what the question even means. They both led in their own way, as did Bill Parcells. But all three werent alone - Lt had carson/ banks. Simms had bavarro mconkey. It was the teams team - not just one player - this aint the NBA.

Comment

I became a Giants fan because of LT but that was in 89, a few years after the 86 season so I couldn't tell you who was the leader back then. Imo, the best player on the team is the leader... LT used to take over games by himself. He probably wasn't the locker room leader but he was the man in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                  X