Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Focused On Making Running Game A Strength Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Another very weak article from Giants 101. The title speaks of making the running game a strength again then talks about keeping "Eli upright." They don't deal at all with our OL, not even a mention of its central role in making the running game work. Not a single mention that we are likely to have the same cast of characters along the OL next season who didn't get it done last year. Who are these people writing this stuff at Giants101? Do they have any sports or journalisim credentials?
    I was expecting an article solely based on the offensive line, instead I read an article about "open competition" at the running back position.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
      Not much buzz about Jake Long

      If the Giants signed him, I'd be shocked by how much they invested in tackles.
      There is zero chance the Giants would be interested in Jake Long.

      Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
      . @ProFootballTalk reports RT Andre Smith wants $9M a year. I hear LT Jake Long made known he wants $11M a year. Interested to see who pays

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
        There is zero chance the Giants would be interested in Jake Long.Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet. @ProFootballTalk reports RT Andre Smith wants $9M a year. I hear LT Jake Long made known he wants $11M a year. Interested to see who pays
        Oh trust me, I hope we don't have an average of ~ $20,000,000 per year in our tackles. We have an elite QB, that's overkill.
        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          The best Oline we've had in a long time had Snee, Diehl, O'Hara, Suebert, and MacKenzie
          I would consider Suebert a "mauler". Not because of his size, but because of his demeanor and the fact that he pancaked players on the regular. Defensive ends and second level players wanted nothing to do with Richie pulling of the edge!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by DVision View Post
            I would consider Suebert a "mauler". Not because of his size, but because of his demeanor and the fact that he pancaked players on the regular. Defensive ends and second level players wanted nothing to do with Richie pulling of the edge!
            He wasent a mauler. He didnt go straight ahead and push DTs around. That wasent his game. His game was getting in the open field and hitting guys on the move.

            Comment


            • #36
              who cares whos a mauler and who not..point is wilson should start not brown..and i love brown but hes not "the man" nobody here can justify wilson not being able to handle the carries..cause nobody has proof of that yet..put the kid in there for 80 percent carries and lets see what he does

              Comment


              • #37
                If Wilson has a break out year, then Eli will have his best year Stats-wise also.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
                  If Wilson has a break out year, then Eli will have his best year Stats-wise also.
                  o you better believe it...teams will have to stack the box and be afraid of wilson..i cant wait all theses doubters and bradshaw lovers will be singing wilsons praise after the seasons over.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                    There is zero chance the Giants would be interested in Jake Long.

                    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
                    . @ProFootballTalk reports RT Andre Smith wants $9M a year. I hear LT Jake Long made known he wants $11M a year. Interested to see who pays
                    Honestly at this point Long is not even better than Beatty. Too many injuries have slowed him down. We have our LT, let's worry about shoring up the right side.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
                      who cares whos a mauler and who not..point is wilson should start not brown..and i love brown but hes not "the man" nobody here can justify wilson not being able to handle the carries..cause nobody has proof of that yet..put the kid in there for 80 percent carries and lets see what he does
                      What does "start" mean to you?
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                        There is zero chance the Giants would be interested in Jake Long.

                        Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
                        . @ProFootballTalk reports RT Andre Smith wants $9M a year. I hear LT Jake Long made known he wants $11M a year. Interested to see who pays
                        This needs to be linked any time someone questions if Reese overpaid for Beatty. I don't see Smith getting that kind of money if he doesn't play LT. $9M is a joke for a RT.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
                          what i dont get is where it says OPEN COMPETITON on rbs...really? why david wilson is our starter he was a number 1 pick that showed alot given his chances last year..he is our starter not scott, not brown.
                          i doubt Wilson will be ready to carry most of the load! with Brown there the Giants will probably use him more in the beginning!

                          even if Wilson was ready i still believe the rb position will be a shared one between Brown and Wilson! they could be one of the top duos in the league next year!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                            i doubt Wilson will be ready to carry most of the load! with Brown there the Giants will probably use him more in the beginning!

                            even if Wilson was ready i still believe the rb position will be a shared one between Brown and Wilson! they could be one of the top duos in the league next year!
                            well if they split i hope ur right

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by NASCARBLITZ View Post
                              well if they split i hope ur right
                              If he's right, then we miraculously improved our OLine's run blocking.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                What does "start" mean to you?
                                it means hes in 80 percent of snaps minimal..it means 16-25 carries a game

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X