Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants are currently only $3,832,113 under the cap - Again thanks to Optimus-NY BBI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    LOL @ cleveland 46,000,000 in cap space
    they were 54M the other day so they must of signed a few people
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
      I don't think Dallas has resigned any of their own FAs yet. Also, think about what all those restructures are going to do to their cap space moving forward.
      exactly, that is what got us in this mess in the first place

Comment

Jerry Jones is a ******* idiot. He keeps kicking the can down the road without actually "freeing up" cap space. He sucks as a GM so drafting good players is a problem, then he over pays for free agents; that organization is so screwed and I love it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
          Cap hit = Salary+Dead Money (dead money is money that has already been paid to a player, for instance signing bonuses, or money that is otherwise guaranteed).

No matter what, dead money counts against the cap. As far as cutting a player, vet salaries aren't typically guaranteed until they are on the Week 1 roster. Once that happens, 100% of their salary is guaranteed for the season. So, between now and Week 1, if we cut a player we can save on what their base salary is, but all the dead money would count against the cap. If a player has more than one year left on their contract, all dead money is accelerated and counts against the cap this year. So, let's say a player signed a 4 year $20m contract, with $8m of it as a signing bonus. The $8m SB is paid upfront, but for cap purposes is spread over the course of the contract. Each year the player gets a base salary of $3m, and for accounting purposes counts as an additional $2m against the cap for a total of $5m per year. If we wanted to cut him after his second year of the contract, we'd save the $3m base salary, but the remaining $4m "dead money" would be accelerated to hit that season's cap. We'd lose $1m in that scenario.
          Got it now. Thanks!!
          We Want 5!

Comment

This is plenty of room to sign me
            Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by Manning View Post
              Can we pay Chris Snees salary through Coughlin? Bump Coughlins pay $7 million a year since it will get double taxed and he gives it to his daughter. Chris Snee takes the league minimum. We save like 3-4 million in cap space.
              that's just crazy enough to work..

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                Another 7 million in cap space? LOL

this should be good
                Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                  How I love Jerry Jones
                  They are in a hell hole. Just with Carr they will have almost 14 million dollar cap hit next year, yikes !
                  " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

you can add another 3 million over the cap from the increase in the salary cap this year.

Comment

How the heck is Philly 32m over??? With all the guys they've signed over past 2 seasons you'd think they'd be on the hook for a lot of money. They go on a signing frenzy during FA past two seasons yet still have 32m to play with. I know they released some guys but come on
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        How the heck is Philly 32m over??? With all the guys they've signed over past 2 seasons you'd think they'd be on the hook for a lot of money. They go on a signing frenzy during FA past two seasons yet still have 32m to play with. I know they released some guys but come on
                        You mean under? And released some guys? I bet you couldn't even list half of their roster right now that's how many GAPING holes they have LOL

As of right now they have 0 starting corners or depth for them.

Asante gone(last season)
                        DRC gone
                        Nnamdi gone(said he wanted out, won't take less money to stay)
                        "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
                          If a player gets cut after the 12th,does their cap hit become the dead money amount?
                          Some forms of dead money is when you restruture a contract and it becomes " guaranteed cash " or bonus cash . If a player gets cut he gets only guaranteed money already agreed in a contract or in the forms I just mention.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            they were 54M the other day so they must of signed a few people
                            I had this thought in the back of my head a few weeks back when NO was something like 17 million over the cap that they could release Brees to clear it and Cleveland could sign him... lol

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Manning View Post
                              Can we pay Chris Snees salary through Coughlin? Bump Coughlins pay $7 million a year since it will get double taxed and he gives it to his daughter. Chris Snee takes the league minimum. We save like 3-4 million in cap space.
                              HA! I love it.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

just cut webster already
                                sigpic
                                FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Working...
                                X