Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants are currently only $3,832,113 under the cap - Again thanks to Optimus-NY BBI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
    just cut webster already
    I'd rather he takes a huge pay cut and stays

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
      I'd rather he takes a huge pay cut and stays
      not restructure pay cut right? and after his play last season i dont care if we cut him and start prince and hosley
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by Manning View Post
        Can we pay Chris Snees salary through Coughlin? Bump Coughlins pay $7 million a year since it will get double taxed and he gives it to his daughter. Chris Snee takes the league minimum. We save like 3-4 million in cap space.
        Hahaha. That's awesome. I always wondered about NFL owners paying people "under the table"
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Sounds like some America's team bs 2 me! Who they release they could free up that much money?

Comment

Cut him! He can't even keep up with lineman!

Comment

Does this take into account that the cap will go up to $123M this year?

Comment

I'm confused with Dallas' cap..
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  I'm confused with Dallas' cap..
                  Dallas is doing nothing more than moving money from one season to the next without addressing the real problem, actually freeing up real space. It's like a person who maxed out a credit only to move it to another credit card. You still owe the money. That team is ****ed long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                    Dallas is doing nothing more than moving money from one season to the next without addressing the real problem, actually freeing up real space. It's like a person who maxed out a credit only to move it to another credit card. You still owe the money. That team is ****ed long term.
                    Got it, thanks.
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

im pretty sure theres ways JR could convert cap hits into guaranteed money and free up tons of space. he might just be saving that card for last as insurance...thats what id assume dallas is doing, converting the bigger cap hits into guaranteed money like a signing bonus type deal. like with eli, whatever he's making this year against the cap, couldnt JR just guarantee it and pay it all off this year in guarantees, which would then create more cap space?? if dallas can keep doing it and freeing up all that space why cant we?

Comment

oh, and dallas might be under so much bc isnt Tony Romo a FA?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                          im pretty sure theres ways JR could convert cap hits into guaranteed money and free up tons of space. he might just be saving that card for last as insurance...thats what id assume dallas is doing, converting the bigger cap hits into guaranteed money like a signing bonus type deal. like with eli, whatever he's making this year against the cap, couldnt JR just guarantee it and pay it all off this year in guarantees, which would then create more cap space?? if dallas can keep doing it and freeing up all that space why cant we?
                          We've done that multiple times the past couple of seasons, it's why the team has so little cap space now, it's why Antrel Rolle currently counts 9mil against the cap, but the team can't cut him b/c almost all of that money is garunteed. At some point, you have to bite the bullet and cut some bloated salaries.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                            oh, and dallas might be under so much bc isnt Tony Romo a FA?
                            They got under because they restructure a lot of their guys some days ago but next year they are going to suffer in cap hell.
                            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Working...
                            X