No announcement yet.

Kenny Phillips turns down long term contract. Wants more money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont take this is as KP def. signing somewhere else. maybe he tests FA and doesnt get any offers that blow what we offered him away and he stays around...he improves our D so much...

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
      This I agree with. Brewer cannot be any worse than Diehl has been. Versatility means nothing if you are not good at any of the spots.
      We really have no way of knowing that. Versatility does mean something for a depth only player
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Damn our defense was so much better with KP out there

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          i dont take this is as KP def. signing somewhere else. maybe he tests FA and doesnt get any offers that blow what we offered him away and he stays around...he improves our D so much...
          I hope so but i get the feeling the Eagles or Cowboys will be offering him a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by LayLow View Post
            Not sure how it can "backfire" on him. It's the team who takes the risk on giving him big money thats gonna be effected.

Lets say he doesnt get the offer he expects on the market. Then decides to come back to the giants for the contract originally offered, only to find out his spot has been filled or the money we had for him has been spent. He may or may not have over valued himself. We'll find out.

Comment

this is smart.. Giants can't afford to over pay..

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                He does. hes a beast.. However, he's taking the risk as I stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                  love KP and wish he would of taken the contract. good luck on another team 21, we will miss ya
                  Let those brittle knees go make to much money for time hes on the field somewhere else, is how i feel about it.. Some good memories, but overall, i'll always think of him as a injury prone 1st rd pick, who was borderline bust because of the time he was off the field...

Comment

KP will surely be missed.

Comment

That's alot of money to deploy eslewhere. Not happy to see him leave but................
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Very concerned about the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Very concerned about the secondary.
                          If we fix the pass rush, the secondary will look a whole lot better.

Comment

Thanks for the memories, best of luck, enjoy Cleveland ( or whatever scrub team that has a ton of cap room)
                            Lets move on Giants fans. WILL HILL TIME!!!!!!!

Comment

Rolle, Hill and Brown sounds good to me. Make that one last payday Kenny cause those knees aren't going to last much longer.

Comment

Goodluck man! Giants are known for putting their number out there and if you don't like it, you will more than likely be with another team next year..

Comment

Working...
                                X