Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Phillips turns down long term contract. Wants more money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Sundown View Post
    Rolle, Hill and Brown sounds good to me. Make that one last payday Kenny cause those knees aren't going to last much longer.
    Hill and Brown are promising but Rolle has not played well.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
      will hill will fill in nice in that spot now cut rolle and resign brown and lets rock
      Im with you on this. I think that Will Hill could be a very good safety in this league. Whenever he played, he was always around the ball. I have high hopes for him

      Comment


      • #48
        The people who are commenting on his knees should learn how to read. He had successful microfracture surgery in 2009 (3.5 years ago) and no trouble with that knee since then. He sprained his OTHER knee this year and missed games. Two unrelated knee injuries don't add up to "bad knees".

        I would sooner gamble on a contract for KP than continue to pay Rolle, Diehl, Baas or Snee to underwhelm again this year.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
          Hill and Brown are promising but Rolle has not played well.
          To say Rolle has no played well is false. If you said his play hasn't been on par with the money he's making then yes...

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
            The people who are commenting on his knees should learn how to read. He had successful microfracture surgery in 2009 (3.5 years ago) and no trouble with that knee since then. He sprained his OTHER knee this year and missed games. Two unrelated knee injuries don't add up to "bad knees".

            I would sooner gamble on a contract for KP than continue to pay Rolle, Diehl, Baas or Snee to underwhelm again this year.
            OK, he has had injuries to two different knees; injuries which were not related to each other. Is that not worse than a player who's had no major knee injuries?

            I feel sorry for the guy but I also feel sorry for us. We paid alot of money for a whole bushell full of missed games. That money could have been paid to a guy who actually played those games. If we sign him at our number, great. If we don't great. Time marches on and change is a necessary part of getting to the top.
            No one remembers who came in second.

            Comment


            • #51
              Players take a beating and you can't blame them for trying to make the most money they can....while they can. There's no guarantees to how much longer his career will last.

              These guys have to think about their lives after football and what's best for their families. I don't want him to go but can't say I fault him here for testing the market.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                Hill and Brown are promising but Rolle has not played well.
                Some of y'all bag on rolle too much. He's been pretty good for us. If you want to argue overpaid, then yes but so is every FA.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I hope KP or any player can get as much $ as they can, I would do the same thing, at the end of the day it's a business, and if someone offered me more money at another company, no matter how much I like my coworkers, I am gone like lightning.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                    Some of y'all bag on rolle too much. He's been pretty good for us. If you want to argue overpaid, then yes but so is every FA.
                    Agreed, Rolle has played out of position since he got here due the the injuries to others and has surely given his all while letting these younger guys know what takes to be a team player.

                    As far as KP, he hasn't played a full season ever, so let him test the market, he will come crawling back or be a bust somewhere else.
                    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Where has Rolle played well?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        Players take a beating and you can't blame them for trying to make the most money they can....while they can. There's no guarantees to how much longer his career will last.

                        These guys have to think about their lives after football and what's best for their families. I don't want him to go but can't say I fault him here for testing the market.
                        Totally agree with that.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Where has Rolle played well?
                          crickets

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
                            The people who are commenting on his knees should learn how to read. He had successful microfracture surgery in 2009 (3.5 years ago) and no trouble with that knee since then. He sprained his OTHER knee this year and missed games. Two unrelated knee injuries don't add up to "bad knees".

                            I would sooner gamble on a contract for KP than continue to pay Rolle, Diehl, Baas or Snee to underwhelm again this year.
                            We dont even know what they offered. Could of been a real low offer

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Where has Rolle played well?
                              how about cleaning up all the tackles the DL/LB/CB missed. your dislike of rolle is misguided. if the defensive front did anything at all the secondary would not be under constant pressure. go back and count how many potential big running plays rolle broke up this past season by coming up and making a tackle somebody else missed then get back to me.
                              Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-08-2013, 01:14 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                im a big rolle supporter. have been since day 1. that said, he takes absolutely terrible angles at times. gerald sensabaugh kind of terrible angles. he makes plays vs the run game, usually off the edge. and he plays the short/intermediate pass game pretty well.

                                asking him to cover deep and take away a 1/2 of the field is suicide tho imo. he just takes bad angles...the rest of his game is pretty solid. if he were better vs the long ball he'd prob be considered a top 5 safety but nonetheless

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X