Kenny Phillips turns down long term contract. Wants more money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titwio View Post
    Players take a beating and you can't blame them for trying to make the most money they can....while they can. There's no guarantees to how much longer his career will last.

These guys have to think about their lives after football and what's best for their families. I don't want him to go but can't say I fault him here for testing the market.
    I won't begrudge a player for trying to get a better payday elsewhere. I have to say I am a bit tired of the "life after football" sobbing. I am on a second "career ", and will be working at yet another when I am done here. It will be his choice to do nothing after football if he chooses. If only he could have gotten a chance to go to college or something. Then he would have had a chance for a "life after football." He is looking for more money now. That's fine. Just remember, in 1 year he makes more than most of us do in 5 or even 10 years. Save the tears. No one will stop him from doing something else when he is 37 or so.

All that being said, I really would like to see him come back.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 03-08-2013, 02:52 AM.
    # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

His upside was taken out by his injuries. Too Bad KP had a ton of talent. Someone will pay him but not what he thinks he'll get. So, does he go for the green and wind up like most other guys with bad knees or legs? Yes, he doesn't have that much of an opportunity left on the football field. He'll take whatever the best offer is thats given to him... After all he's gotta feed his family! Right?!

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
        I won't begrudge a player for trying to get a better payday elsewhere. I have to say I am a bit tired of the "life after football" sobbing. I am on a second "career ", and will be working at yet another when I am done here. It will be his choice to do nothing after football if he chooses. If only he could have gotten a chance to go to college or something. Then he would have had a chance for a "life after football." He is looking for more money now. That's fine. Just remember, in 1 year he makes more than most of us do in 5 or even 10 years. Save the tears. No one will stop him from doing something else when he is 37 or so.

All that being said, I really would like to see him come back.
        did your first career involve 250+lb men hitting you in the head over and again? I bet your second career isnt going to wear your knees and other joints to the point of uselessness before you move to your third career.....

Comment

Originally posted by The_ One View Post
          I hope KP or any player can get as much $ as they can, I would do the same thing, at the end of the day it's a business, and if someone offered me more money at another company, no matter how much I like my coworkers, I am gone like lightning.
          This !
          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
            Yeah, what's Junior Seau up to these days?

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              im a big rolle supporter. have been since day 1. that said, he takes absolutely terrible angles at times. gerald sensabaugh kind of terrible angles. he makes plays vs the run game, usually off the edge. and he plays the short/intermediate pass game pretty well.

asking him to cover deep and take away a 1/2 of the field is suicide tho imo. he just takes bad angles...the rest of his game is pretty solid. if he were better vs the long ball he'd prob be considered a top 5 safety but nonetheless
              "Asking him to cover deep and take away half the field is suicide." LOL He is a 9 million dollar safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                "Asking him to cover deep and take away half the field is suicide." LOL He is a 9 million dollar safety.
                Wonder if they asked him to take a pay cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                  Wonder if they asked him to take a pay cut?
                  I dont think he would, do U? I think he would make the Giants cut him.

Comment

If they cut him how much would they save and could that be enough to grab a veteran FA Safety?

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                      If they cut him how much would they save and could that be enough to grab a veteran FA Safety?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
                        In Reese We Trust

Too bad. I would have liked to see KP back. I'm thinking greed from this often injured safety will backfire.

EDIT:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...e-agent-market - RF
                        would love to know what the Giants offerend him

Giants have been known for low balling, but i have a feeling KP wants alot more money than deserved. Not a knock on the talent, just the health
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                          would love to know what the Giants offerend him

Giants have been known for low balling, but i have a feeling KP wants alot more money than deserved. Not a knock on the talent, just the health
                          I think we have pretty good handle on his health, certainly more than those who might overpay him. Let's see where this goes. Not everyone in KP's situation winds up leaving. Sometimes it is easier and better for the market to tell him he's not worth as much as his agent thinks. It's better for him to learn it that way than to think we're jamming it down his throat.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

he'll be a Cowboy

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              I think we have pretty good handle on his health, certainly more than those who might overpay him. Let's see where this goes. Not everyone in KP's situation winds up leaving. Sometimes it is easier and better for the market to tell him he's not worth as much as his agent thinks. It's better for him to learn it that way than to think we're jamming it down his throat.
                              yea i agree.. like bradshaw when he just got that last contract that just got him cut.

I mean i think you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to pay Phillips. Injury has to be a concern

Comment

Originally posted by bansaw View Post
                                he'll be a Cowboy
                                bite your tongue!

and then make a 2013 meyerbud calender

Comment

Working...
                                X