• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    bite your tongue!

and then make a 2013 meyerbud calender
    Eli will make him his *****

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
      yea i agree.. like bradshaw when he just got that last contract that just got him cut.

I mean i think you'd be hard pressed to find a team willing to pay Phillips. Injury has to be a concern
      I don't know... The Chargers signed Bob Sanders without much fuss (admittedly, it was only a single-year deal, late in his career).

But my point is that if a team is desperate enough, they won't hesitate to make a move.

Injury history appears to pose little of a barrier.

Comment

I'm torn over this, on one hand we could potentially lose a very talented safety yet on the other hand I like that we aren't going to over pay a guy who hasn't seen the field as much as he should have over the course of his career. If he does go though I hope we draft a safety high.

Comment

Im not surprised he wants to test the waters. Why not? He's a free agent and wants to see what deals are out there. Would love to have him back but we may not be able to afford him.

Comment

Originally posted by bansaw View Post
            he'll be a Cowboy
            I've been saying the same thing for months. I hope it doesn't happen but the cowboys are always raving about how good a player KP is

Comment

looks to me that Kenny is just listening to his agent and not at the facts, his history with injuries should tell him he might not get the big bucks he's looking for but his agent just wants his cut from a bigger price tag and might not be looking at Kenny's best interest, its a mistake a lot of young players make..I think KP just needs to take a look at whats happening around the league right now, there are a lot of very good quality safeties being released right now...
              Last edited by JesseJames; 03-08-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                Yeah, what's Junior Seau up to these days?

He's dead. He killed himself. Just so you know, my current profession has a much higher rate of that, than the NFL. He made a choice to use drugs to enhance his skills and it altered his mind.
                # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                  looks to me that Kenny is just listening to his agent and not at the facts, his history with injuries should tell him he might not get the big bucks he's looking for but his agent just wants his cut from a bigger price tag and might not be looking at Kenny's best interest, its a mistake a lot of young players make..I think KP just needs to take a look at whats happening around the league right now, there are a lot of very good quality safeties being released right now...
                  There's nothing to say KP won't be happy with what FA has to offer and stays here.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by TextureDj View Post
                    did your first career involve 250+lb men hitting you in the head over and again? I bet your second career isnt going to wear your knees and other joints to the point of uselessness before you move to your third career.....
                    Actually at times it has. And it also has much smaller men shooting at me. These are choices we make. The chances are much better that he will not be crippled by his current job, than he will. Like I said, I don't care if he goes to the moon to make money. His NFL pension is more than enough for anyone to live comfortably on. If he wants a grander lifestyle, he will need more money. Fine but don't make it sound like he will be begging on a street corner getting $100k /yr pension.
                    # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Rolle is another one of those contracts like Canty. You can't keep doing that or the team suffers. Hill will be fine and Brown will get another ton of INTs

Comment

I'm ready to move from Rolle but I will miss KP. Hill and Brown looked good thought so there's that...

Comment

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
                          @Ike58Reese All safety asking prices have to come down. Market flooded right now + rules on contact limit their effectiveness anymore.

this could greatly benefit the Giants with negotiations with KP and Stevie..might be a chance he comes back now

Comment

KP will be the exception to our former FA that took more money elsewhere. KP is a solid talent and plays great even when he's at 70%. Any team that gets him will automatically have their secondary improved. I cant remember the last time I watched a game and said to myself, " They are really picking on KP".
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                              Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
                              @Ike58Reese All safety asking prices have to come down. Market flooded right now + rules on contact limit their effectiveness anymore.

this could greatly benefit the Giants with negotiations with KP and Stevie..might be a chance he comes back now
                              Especially when other teams factor in his injury history. I'd love for him to end up back here.

Comment

Frankly, he is not worth much of a contract. He has been injury prone and is not on the field enough to warrant a big contract. He should take a deal that has incentives for staying on the field and performance. Best he can hope for.

Comment

Working...
                                X