I would be happy with Barden and Randel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It wouldn't be ideal by any stretch, but if getting a beefy OL that could actually protect Eli meant being forced to roll with Randle, Barden, and Jernigan, I'd deal with it...
    I agree but would like to draft WR as insurance for Barden. Cruz has got moves and speed but so does JJ. JJ's hands might be better that Cruz who seemed to have butter fingers on easy catches. Randle could come close to Nick's in the near future and maybe stay healthier. Over spending on Cruz and Nicks rather than bringing in first rate protection for Eli would be a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by jints10 View Post
      With jernigan in the slot.....Eli has been making these guys careers anf I'm talking Plax..Smith..Nicks..and Cruz....Clear up the cap space for OL

....we saw what Wilson can do.....Let em both walk
      Barden is not a 1, 2 or 3 in the NFL. On this team he is not a 5.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
        I agree but would like to draft WR as insurance for Barden. Cruz has got moves and speed but so does JJ. JJ's hands might be better that Cruz who seemed to have butter fingers on easy catches. Randle could come close to Nick's in the near future and maybe stay healthier. Over spending on Cruz and Nicks rather than bringing in first rate protection for Eli would be a mistake.
        No question about it. You've got to be Jernigan's mom.

"JJ's hands might be better than Cruz"----are you completely insane??

So your'e saying Gilbride and Coughlin were just stubborn for some unknown reason (yeah, "unknown" because it's not real) and deliberately kept the "sure handed Jernigan" on the bench while Cruz kept dropping passes? Why? Because they like Cruz more than Jernigan? What is this, high school football, with you being his mom on the sidelines yelling for the coach to put your son in because he has the "better hands"?

Stop the insanity. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
          The big picture here is Randel is two years away from learning the system, had one big game against a horrible defense where they called a play that required no read adjustments. As far a Barden goes, he will always just be a good receiver waiting in the wings, don't see him ever reaching the caliber of Cruz or Nicks.
          Big question, when do we just cut bait with Jernigan?
          I'd have to say that's a mighty big presumption on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
            Stop the insanity.

Comment

Can't cure stupid.
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

I bet he's sitting back laughing so hard at us right now..
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

is that you the "genious" nascarblitz? lolz

Comment

Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
                    is that you the "genious" nascarblitz? lolz
                    LOL "24 k".
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

All the rules are skewed to help passing offenses but lets get rid of the best receivers on the team

Comment

Why stop there? Who needs Barden and Randle when we can just grab up a couple of high school players? They'll play for free and then we'll have even more money to sign some OL!

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                          HA! You got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                            Eli doesn't make Cruz evade a couple of tacklers and scamper off 90-odd yards, nor does he make Nicks fight out a corner to make a tough grab.
                            Exactly. It takes two to tango. Nicks and Cruz are the two best receivers we've had at one time, and Barden and Randle are not. In all my years, the few years of Plax and toomer were the best we have had, and now Cruz and Nicks are better than them.
                            I wanted Barden to work out, but it takes him longer to get into a route, and with our line Eli can't wait for him. His height is his only plus. We'll see more of Randle, before Barden. He showed some nice potential in his time. Even Hixon, IMO, is better than Barden. But, I think We'd be in deep trouble if Barden and Randle were our best receivers.
                            Last edited by zimonami; 03-08-2013, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
                              Elii's had two amazing seven game seasons surrounded by years of incredible averageness.
                              Yeah because it is average to have at throw for at least 20 TDs and 3,000 yards for 8 straight seasons.

Eli Manning does have times where he is inconscistent but to claim he is average is as far off as the claims that he is The Best in NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                                It wouldn't be ideal by any stretch, but if getting a beefy OL that could actually protect Eli meant being forced to roll with Randle, Barden, and Jernigan, I'd deal with it...
                                I think that is OPs point. We have seen what Wilson and Brown could do for the running game and by beefing or in more precise terms, "fattening" up and getting some better O linemen then we can have the run game in place, protection for Eli and the receivers would do exceptionally with Eli throwing to them. Perhaps not as well as Nicks and Cruz but well enough with such a strong O line and running game that would be developed with freeing up money that we would be successful is the point that I think OP is trying to make.

I can see going the route that I think OP is aiming at but I don't agree with it. Nicks and Cruz are guys that came up big in our SuperBowl run and when both on our the field, we are deadly. I think we can draft to the O line and maybe make some moves to strengthen up. This team is not in rebuilding mode but in a how can we win now mode. There are some deficiencies but I think they are reparable without getting too extreme and having to discard young talent that is integral to this teams success.

Comment

Working...
                                X