Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source: Giants hope to re-sign Kevin Boothe and Martellus Bennett before market opens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nygpolishpunk View Post
    I have an idea, cut Deihl and sign Bennett..... not that crazy
    problem solved
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

For God sake just release Diehl and resign Marty already. As a TE his blocking is more valuable then DDs at this point.

If we can sign Boothe to a cheap offer great but I'm not excited about bringing him back either. Our OL has been crap the last few years and we should be looking to replace them, not bring them back for another ****ty season.

At this point, Marty should be our highest resign priority.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
        For God sake just release Diehl and resign Marty already. As a TE his blocking is more valuable then DDs at this point.

If we can sign Boothe to a cheap offer great but I'm not excited about bringing him back either. Our OL has been crap the last few years and we should be looking to replace them, not bring them back for another ****ty season.

At this point, Marty should be our highest resign priority.
        Agreed. I don't understand the fuss about bringing Boothe back. I'm not sold on him as a starter. I'd be happier if they brought in someone new.

Deihl is just too old and his skills declined too much. If he gets cut I won't be surprised if he retired. He was a great player for us, helped with 2 rings, I have nothing against him. I even met the guy, he's super nice and just a normal guy. But this team needs to get younger and better at the line.

Comment

Originally posted by nygpolishpunk View Post
          I have an idea, cut Deihl and sign Bennett..... not that crazy
          wow.. that's just crazy enough to work..!

Comment

It all starts with the man in the middle (Baas) and he gets no push in the run game......I don't care if he took a paycut.....it doesn't make any less horrid at run blocking.

For his overall cost it probably makes him the Giants' worst free agent acquisition in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
              It all starts with the man in the middle (Baas) and he gets no push in the run game......I don't care if he took a paycut.....it doesn't make any less horrid at run blocking.

For his overall cost it probably makes him the Giants' worst free agent acquisition in recent years.
              I am not a big Baas fan myself but guards have a big effect on how much push a center gets. Baas I serviceable till we get his replacement. What we really need is a quality guard to play opposite of snee.

And a RT for that matter.. we need some serious help on the line. Which is why I really think a TE like Marty that can block well is crucial during this transition.

Comment

Sign the Unicorn, keep boothe for a lower Number and depth. Get a LG and a RT. Get rid of DD. I don;t see the answer being restructuring the entire team. 2012 Giants did not get a play off spot, so why keep all the dead wood who could not do it in 2012... So that they will not do it in 2013 for less money? Change up your philosophy a bit, fellas. Go Giants!

Comment

I'd like to resign both. I don't believe that either would break the bank. And they're both good, solid players.

Comment

Working...
                  X