Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Giants FO knows something we don't know yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miked1958
    started a topic Does Giants FO knows something we don't know yet?

Does Giants FO knows something we don't know yet?

With Cweb redo of contract saving 3 M in cap space it put us roughly 8/9 million over.. Back out the 2.8 it will cost to Tender Cruz and the 4 M plus it will take to sign the draft class and the small moves we made to resign ERFA players to Vet Min yesterday that would leave us barely above the Cap with TON of work still to be done.

I just don't see how they can afford to sign say a Woodson or the RT released by KC. Or bring back KP, booth or anyone else for that matter... Just don't have the CAP space to do anything else this offseason UNLESS................

the FO has a huge rabbit up its sleeve to be revealed in next 3/4 days.. Some major move or moves to free up tons of Cap space. Now does that mean more big name people getting released or someone like an Eli song something with his contract I don't know. But it will be interesting to see what they have planned

• Imgrate
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    With Eli making 20 million a year for the rest of the deal this team is going to have a very hard time fielding a team with enough depth to win. Thats why positional value in the draft is going to be key. Getting Starters at expensive spots like DE and CB cheap is the way to save money. Not drafting low price positions like Interior line or RT in the 1st round
    Been saying this for years. Noone seems to understand it

Leave a comment:

• MattMeyerBud
    replied
    Originally posted by nygpolishpunk View Post
    This thread makes me laugh.

Woodson is past his prime, that's the only thing about him that makes him a "big name"

He'll mentor some young kids but that's about it, and I'm fine with that if we get him. Good use of the skills he has left.
    i still think he has value. Could play that Sam Madison role for us (read that somewhere and liked it).

Leave a comment:

• blueribbon
    replied
    Not unless the FO hired Harry Potter to fix the cap space problem.

harry-potter-magic-wand.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Roosevelt
    replied
    Why have been hearing that we are now 8 to 9 million under the cap while the OP is saying we are over? Do I really need to ask which is it?

Leave a comment:

• giantscolombia
    replied
    This thread cannot be serious.

Maybe he meant to say " The Giants FO knows something we dont know yet!"

otherwise, what?!

Leave a comment:

• TuckandRolle
    replied
    Considering they're the front office and we are the public, I have a slight inclination they know something that we do not.

Leave a comment:

• nygpolishpunk
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbluetribe View Post
    my only hope for woodson would be the same role madison played back in 07/08 other than that i do not know how much we would be able to rely on him for playing time
    This is it exactly

Leave a comment:

• bigbluetribe
    replied
    my only hope for woodson would be the same role madison played back in 07/08 other than that i do not know how much we would be able to rely on him for playing time

Leave a comment:

• nygpolishpunk
    replied
    Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    well you can bet your *** that the FO knows a TON more that we don't know yet...

and Woodson won't be receiving a huge deal.

All this cap space won't do much for us, we have to throw tenders and sign rookies

per usual, we can have fun speculating the big names - but Charles Woodson may be the only "big name" we get.
    This thread makes me laugh.

Woodson is past his prime, that's the only thing about him that makes him a "big name"

He'll mentor some young kids but that's about it, and I'm fine with that if we get him. Good use of the skills he has left.

Leave a comment:

• MattMeyerBud
    replied
    Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
    With Cweb redo of contract saving 3 M in cap space it put us roughly 8/9 million over.. Back out the 2.8 it will cost to Tender Cruz and the 4 M plus it will take to sign the draft class and the small moves we made to resign ERFA players to Vet Min yesterday that would leave us barely above the Cap with TON of work still to be done.

I just don't see how they can afford to sign say a Woodson or the RT released by KC. Or bring back KP, booth or anyone else for that matter... Just don't have the CAP space to do anything else this offseason UNLESS................

the FO has a huge rabbit up its sleeve to be revealed in next 3/4 days.. Some major move or moves to free up tons of Cap space. Now does that mean more big name people getting released or someone like an Eli song something with his contract I don't know. But it will be interesting to see what they have planned
    well you can bet your *** that the FO knows a TON more that we don't know yet...

and Woodson won't be receiving a huge deal.

All this cap space won't do much for us, we have to throw tenders and sign rookies

per usual, we can have fun speculating the big names - but Charles Woodson may be the only "big name" we get.

Leave a comment:

• titwio
    replied
    Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    I'm guessing Reese and Company come here on a regular basis to find out what to do next.
    haha

Leave a comment:

• Giantslb66
    replied
    I'm guessing Reese and Company come here on a regular basis to find out what to do next.
    Did you really ask that question?

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    The FO office ALWAYS knows something we don't lol.

Leave a comment:

• titwio
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Of course they know more than anyone on this message board.
    My rhetoric won't allow me to believe this is true....
    Last edited by titwio; 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X