Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    Kavika Mitchell played well here
    oh no the question brought to the table in posts above wasnt as to weather all those guys played well here. It's when they left they stunk it up
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
      "It could jeopardize our chances at contention" Considering we have been contenders virtually every year that Coughlin/Eli have been here, yeah I would say that was your implication.
      Virtually every season? They've been inconsistent as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        My position has always been we are at our best with Nicks and Cruz on the field together. If we mess with that, it's not a stretch to think we will not be as effective.
        Agreed Nicks and Cruz together just seem to complement each other. Very hard to defend.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          oh no the question brought to the table in posts above wasnt as to weather all those guys played well here. It's when they left they stunk it up
          oh ok my fault then. I didn't read that far back

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
            Saying that we will not be as effective is a very vague statement from which the effects of such can/will vary greatly, where saying that we will not be contenders is more of a finite statement and are two totally different things in my eyes. Cruz will not make or break us as far as being contenders are concerned, as we saw this past season he had the most targets yet did not put up the same numbers in comparison to other WRs around the league that did. On the other hand, when Nicks is healthy and sees the most balls thrown his way the team fires on all cylinders which leads me to believe that Nicks, not Cruz is the common denominator to our success(as far as Wrs are concerned).
            Eye of the beholder issue. As for Cruz's 2012 numbers compared to 2011, Eli's off year had something to do with that.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• time will tell. if we get the raiders 3rd pick or the jets 9th. we can pretty much choose who ever we want in the first round and then use the 19 pick to get a 2nd guy we covet in first round as well. I mean id hate to lose cruz and see him salsa for another team. but if you have to lose him its better this way then next season as an UFA and get nothing in return
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• just a hypothetical I saw someone mention, suppose keeping cruz means we lose bennett and kp. but if cruz leaves, we keep bennett and kp long term and have the room to add an addition mid level FA, how does everyone view that decision?
                I dont want to lose Cruz...at all. I was devastated when we lost ss12. but that also taught me a valuable lesson too...no matter how much we may think otherwise, no one isn't replaceable...it'd suck losing the hometown hero story and clutch slot wr, but I think we could make up for it with using a Bennett type TE more and with an improved OL...I don't know...my gut says we will keep both but I've been wrong before, id never thought we'd let ss12 go...

Comment

• You know what

JUST LEAVE CRUZ. I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO BE TOGETHER BUT I GUESS NOT.

-cries and drives into the ocean-
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    time will tell. if we get the raiders 3rd pick or the jets 9th. we can pretty much choose who ever we want in the first round and then use the 19 pick to get a 2nd guy we covet in first round as well. I mean id hate to lose cruz and see him salsa for another team. but if you have to lose him its better this way then next season as an UFA and get nothing in return
                    LOL, only teams that can afford Cruz are going to be interested. The Jets and Raiders will not be lining up to sign Cruz. Top 15 picks are out of the question. Most likely the pick would be close to ours or later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                      We are def gonna put a 1st round tender on him, which would be given to us next year in the draft right??
                      i assume it depends. if offers can be made/accepted after the draft, of course the pick would be for next yr. if there are time restrictions with rfa's, it could be only for that year...

i personally think the first scenario is more likely but good question...

Comment

Eye of the beholder issue. As for Cruz's 2012 numbers compared to 2011, Eli's off year had something to do with that.
                        Maybe Nicks' injuries had something to do with Eli's off year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuckandRolle View Post
                          Have read numerous articles that teams are supposedly lining up to make Cruz an offer once FA starts. Public knowledge indicates the GMen will put a first round tender on him so if a team makes him an offer we don't match. We get their 1st round pick. Because the Rams have 2 first round draft picks, I've been hearing they very well use one of those picks to make Cruz a substantial long term offer.

Obviously tampering allegations would be enforced if a team publicly expressed the interest to make an offer to an RFA prior to the FA period, so this all could be a smoke screen being produced by Cruz's agent to create some urgency from the Giants FO, so no one really knows. But the past 2 days I've been hearing more and more of this.

Personally, I would love to give Cruz up for a 1st round pick. He's 26 years old, we have Nicks and Randle is looking to break out this year. We could lock down a stud OL and LB/CB with 2 picks in the first round, get considerably younger and have more cap space to sign Nicks to a long term deal. If Cruz does indeed leave for a 1st round pick, 3 picks within the first 2 rounds would do wonders for us. Just my opinion, but with Eli at the helm, he makes everyone around him better. And with a beast, young OL and running game, Eli will have even more time to pick apart defenses. And if Cruz leaves, I can't see him having the success he has had in NY elsewhere....because of Eli.
                          I want Cruz but that 2 first round picks would be nice

Comment

Take two.......
                            take 3 geez felt like my head was gonna explode
                            sigpic
                            FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              i assume it depends. if offers can be made/accepted after the draft, of course the pick would be for next yr. if there are time restrictions with rfa's, it could be only for that year...

i personally think the first scenario is more likely but good question...
                              Offer wouldn't be made after the draft for an RFA, so it would only be for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jahh View Post
                                Maybe Nicks' injuries had something to do with Eli's off year.
                                and I guess you can throw the mediocre play of the offensive line as part of Eli's off year too. He may not have gotten sacked as much as other QBs, but he was under heat quite a bit last season, his timing was thrown off.

Comment

Working...
                                X