Teams lining up for Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Cruz, don't get me wrong.

But as I have gotten older and wiser(somewhat), I have realized how much of a mega-business the NFL has become since the days of me watching the original miracle at the Meadowlands, the 1986 Superbowl and 1990 Superbowl wins.

The almighty dollar drives this league more than ever. Though loyalty is important to any team or player, sometimes we just have to sit back and realize that we cant have our cake and eat it too.

If we can tender Cruz, keep him this year and get him a new contract during the season, before 2014, that would be ideal. But if we tender him, and team "X" offers him a contract that the Giants cannot match, then we get that 1st rd pick from team "X" and make the most of it. I do NOT by any means, envy any GM in the league when it comes to personnel decisions and the salary cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyt830 View Post
      and I guess you can throw the mediocre play of the offensive line as part of Eli's off year too. He may not have gotten sacked as much as other QBs, but he was under heat quite a bit last season, his timing was thrown off.
      Don't forget all the drops and not having a running game.

Comment

• Originally posted by fizzlesticks View Post
        Don't forget all the drops and not having a running game.
        agreed. There were several reasons why Eli's numbers fell off in 2012.

Comment

• I will be HIGHLY disappointed in Reese & everyone else in the organization if they let Cruz walk.

Comment

• If Cruz is lost for a first round pick, I'm gonna pity whoever is picked in the first round in his place. Expectations are going to be really high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jahh View Post
              Maybe Nicks' injuries had something to do with Eli's off year.
              Nicks wasn't throwing the balls.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Overdrive92 View Post
                I will be HIGHLY disappointed in Reese & everyone else in the organization if they let Cruz walk.
                if he walks its just the nature of the business! i love Cruz but if he wants to break the bank i wouldnt blame the organization if he walks.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  I've heard quite the opposite, because he's a UFA and the Giants will likely put a first round tender on him..teams aren't going to go for that. Adam Shefter said it was highly unlikely.
                  I saw the same late last night. And Adam is never wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    I will just NEVER understand some of you people.... Do you watch the Giants? You would love to give up Cruz for a #1 pick? Are you high? Cruz is the oil that makes the offense run. Nicks is ALWAYS hurting with nagging injuries, Randle is somewhat still unproven, but I think he could fill Nicks spot. I honestly, truely can not fathem what some of you say on this board sometimes.

Cruz, Eli, JPP are all worth well more then just a lat first round pick, which is what the Giants would get.

If we lose Cruz, we might as well start rebioulding IMO. Cut Rolle, Webster, Snee, Tuck, anyone over 30.... Cause if Cruz leaves, we wont be able to replace him. We got EXTREMELY lucky he emerged after we lost Smith. Cruz IMO is a top 10, if not top 5 WR in this league with a HUGE impact on the offense.
                    You have to just let posts like that one go man. People on these boards wanna let Cruz go, and give Bennet 10m a year, lol. Just ignore them.

Comment

• Originally posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
                      If we are talking about Cruz, he's a Restricted Free Agent now. He won't be an Unrestricted Free Agent until 2014.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        If we are talking about Cruz, he's a Restricted Free Agent now. He won't be an Unrestricted Free Agent until 2014.
                        Yes, Adam said it is unlikely any other teams make a move for him, given his 1st round tender.

Comment

Yes, Adam said it is unlikely any other teams make a move for him, given his 1st round tender.
                          Historically, that has been the case so I think he's right. What does concern me is other teams may believe this is the only shot they will get at Cruz as Reese will ink a long term deal before Cruz is UFA in 2014. Could one or more be CAP set enough and WR poor enough to make the plunge?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Historically, that has been the case so I think he's right. What does concern me is other teams may believe this is the only shot they will get at Cruz as Reese will ink a long term deal before Cruz is UFA in 2014. Could one or more be CAP set enough and WR poor enough to make the plunge?
                            Yeh I hear ya, and Im sure people do want Cruz, who wouldnt? But like you have said before its all about the money, and I cant see an owner giving him a HUGE deal that we cant match, plus a 1st rounder for him.

Hell probly get offered about what Bowe got, rightfully so, and I think the Giants will match this.

Comment

Yeh I hear ya, and Im sure people do want Cruz, who wouldnt? But like you have said before its all about the money, and I cant see an owner giving him a HUGE deal that we cant match, plus a 1st rounder for him.

Hell probly get offered about what Bowe got, rightfully so, and I think the Giants will match this.
                              That's what I'm hoping.

Comment

It was Ian Rapoprt who said the opposite. He's not as good as Adam but he has good sources too.
                                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Working...
                                X