No announcement yet.

Teams lining up for Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people need to stop being so emotional.

No one here wants to see Victor Cruz walk, some of us are just skeptical in whether he should be paid top 5 WR money.

Comment

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
      Some people need to stop being so emotional.

No one here wants to see Victor Cruz walk, some of us are just skeptical in whether he should be paid top 5 WR money.
      He is worth what a team says he's worth. I have no idea what that is, but it will leak out sooner or later IF an offer is made once he's tendered, if he's tendered.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
        It was Ian Rapoprt who said the opposite. He's not as good as Adam but he has good sources too.
        http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/3/8/...ork-giants-rfa
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Virtually every season? They've been inconsistent as hell.
          I didn't say they were consistent, my point was that we have been competitive. We have had the potential to be contenders every year since Coughlin/Eli have been here. There hasn't been one off season since where I have thought that we had no chance of making the post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Nicks wasn't throwing the balls.
            You do realize that Nicks ailing factored in to Cruz's production, as well as the entire offense, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
              You do realize that Nicks ailing factored in to Cruz's production, as well as the entire offense, right?
              Absolutely
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• If they arent going to sign him next season I hope a team signs him this year so we get the pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  If they arent going to sign him next season I hope a team signs him this year so we get the pick.
                  I think John Mara recently made their plans pretty clear.

Comment

Absolutely
                    Also, having said that, in 2011 Cruz had tons of plays where he would catch the ball and then allude defenders for huge gains. He really didn't do that this year.

Comment

Also, having said that, in 2011 Cruz had tons of plays where he would catch the ball and then allude defenders for huge gains. He really didn't do that this year.
                      Here's what I'm trying to get at. If we mention Eli, we read about the running game being off, the OLine being off, Nicks being injured. But, becasue Cruz MIGHT be leaving, everything that went wrong was his fault, won't be effective on another team, etc.. We tend to distance ourselves from players who either leave or dare to test FA as though they were doing us a personal wrong. How many of us would turn down a multi-year, multi-million $$ offer?

Cruz is a talented player whether he's here or somewhere else. I hope he's here for several more years. But if not, we owe him recognition for what he did while he was here.

Comment

Here's what I'm trying to get at. If we mention Eli, we read about the running game being off, the OLine being off, Nicks being injured.
                        well because it is true.
                        But, becasue Cruz MIGHT be leaving, everything that went wrong was his fault, won't be effective on another team, etc.. We tend to distance ourselves from players who either leave or dare to test FA as though they were doing us a personal wrong. How many of us would turn down a multi-year, multi-million $$ offer?

Cruz is a talented player whether he's here or somewhere else. I hope he's here for several more years. But if not, we owe him recognition for what he did while he was here.
                        First off, Im a huge Cruz fan. And I dont think anyone is saying he was the reason for our woes this year at all. But what you need to understand is while he is a key part of our passing game, he's not the major component in it. And we wouldn't be ruined if he left. We can move on a lot easier losing him, than other guys. People may sound harsh, but after all the business side of the game is just that.

Plus how many players leave teams and then turn in mediocre seasons? Happens time and again. No one knows for sure if that'll be the case with Cruz, but there is a lot of instances in the past to where that very well could end up happening.

Comment

• Well if Cruz does not get signed I for one will be pissed. One because I think he is a great player and two because I just got a Cruz jersey for christmas....LMAO.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportsfan554 View Post
                            Well if Cruz does not get signed I for one will be pissed. One because I think he is a great player and two because I just got a Cruz jersey for christmas....LMAO.
                            If we trade cruz for a number 1 pick, i also want a 5th round pick too.

Comment

well because it is true.
                              First off, Im a huge Cruz fan. And I dont think anyone is saying he was the reason for our woes this year at all. But what you need to understand is while he is a key part of our passing game, he's not the major component in it. And we wouldn't be ruined if he left. We can move on a lot easier losing him, than other guys. People may sound harsh, but after all the business side of the game is just that.

Plus how many players leave teams and then turn in mediocre seasons? Happens time and again. No one knows for sure if that'll be the case with Cruz, but there is a lot of instances in the past to where that very well could end up happening.
                              We wouldn't be ruined if anyone left. No one says the Oline, the running game, etc, when Cruz is the target of the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by luni View Post
                                If we trade cruz for a number 1 pick, i also want a 5th round pick too.
                                You can only have one round

Comment

Working...
                                X