Teams lining up for Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We wouldn't be ruined if anyone left. No one says the Oline, the running game, etc, when Cruz is the target of the discussion.
    Probably because its a totally different situation.

Comment

• I didn't know you could not get multiple picks... but if we did get 2 first round picks... would it be bad to draft a OG and a OT? just to solidify the oline for a while. I mean it would suck kinda but we still need CB, S, LB, and DT. I feel if we lose cruz maybe we can resign some FA, possibly KP, and be decent, but id really like to have the oline younger and stronger.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
        So you would "love" to give up a premier WR that 31 other teams wish they drafted, for some unproven rookie? Psychotropic drugs much?

Cruz is a great NFL talent and a once in a decade personality to go with it. Eli doesn't have as much to do with his success as you might think.
        LOL, very true...who's gonna take over after osi's ballin' and cruz's salsa? davild wilson backflips all day i guess lol

Comment

• Originally posted by luni View Post
          I didn't know you could not get multiple picks... but if we did get 2 first round picks... would it be bad to draft a OG and a OT? just to solidify the oline for a while. I mean it would suck kinda but we still need CB, S, LB, and DT. I feel if we lose cruz maybe we can resign some FA, possibly KP, and be decent, but id really like to have the oline younger and stronger.
          Yup. If no deal gets done and Cruz gets tendered (and it'd be malpractice by Reese if he doesn't), the most in compensation we'd be able to get would be a 1st round pick. That be the rules.

It used to be that the highest tender was a 1st and 3rd (or was it 5th?), but in the new CBA it was lowered to just the one 1st.

Comment

• What teams are lining up ?
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
              What teams are lining up ?
              St. Louis seems to be the team most often mentioned because it has 2 1st round picks
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

What teams are lining up ?
                Rumors mentioned so far are: 9ers, Ravens, Patriots, Broncos, Seahawks and Rams.
                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

St. Louis seems to be the team most often mentioned because it has 2 1st round picks
                  As good as Cruz has become do you think the Rams are willing to cough a 1st round pick for a " slot " WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    Rumors mentioned so far are: 9ers, Ravens, Patriots, Broncos, Seahawks and Rams.
                    That's quite a bunch. I think the Giants are in a win-win situation here IMO.

Comment

As good as Cruz has become do you think the Rams are willing to cough a 1st round pick for a " slot " WR.
                      I'm not sure. I was just reading a piece on Bleacher Report (I know, I know, it's Bleacher Report) that credits NFL Total Access with the factoid that Cruz, over the last two years, is the # 5 receiver behind only "Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall and Roddy White."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...agents/page/11

Other teams know Reese doesn't "overpay" so they may see this as a golden opportunity to offer Victor, say $ 8 - 9M, which is a little low based on current projections for top wide receivers but is almost certainly a figure Reese won't even consider matching.

Will one team pull the plug is the question.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

That's quite a bunch. I think the Giants are in a win-win situation here IMO.
                        Just mentioned as teams that are drawing interest which might not mean much. Could all just be speculation.

Comment

Just mentioned as teams that are drawing interest which might not mean much. Could all just be speculation.
                          In the back of my head, I am wondering why the tender hasn't already been placed? It could mean they are actively trying to strike a deal. May even be close. Or not lol

Comment

I'm not sure. I was just reading a piece on Bleacher Report (I know, I know, it's Bleacher Report) that credits NFL Total Access with the factoid that Cruz, over the last two years, is the # 5 receiver behind only "Calvin Johnson, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall and Roddy White."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...agents/page/11

Other teams know Reese doesn't "overpay" so they may see this as a golden opportunity to offer Victor, say $ 8 - 9M, which is a little low based on current projections for top wide receivers but is almost certainly a figure Reese won't even consider matching.

Will one team pull the plug is the question.

The price is just too darn high. Not only a team has to cough a lot of dough giving Cruz a huge contract but in top of it all the have to ship a 1st round pick. ? That could turn into a King's ransom.

Comment

In the back of my head, I am wondering why the tender hasn't already been placed? It could mean they are actively trying to strike a deal. May even be close. Or not lol
                              I'd hope so. Have a feeling the tender is inevitable though. Last I heard was they were still far apart in their talks.

We can still hope though.

Comment

How can this speculations surface ? Illegal tampering comes to mnd .

Comment

Working...
                                X