Teams lining up for Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by titwio View Post
    I'd hope so. Have a feeling the tender is inevitable though. Last I heard was they were still far apart in their talks.

We can still hope though.
    I know, so why not just place the tender? Maybe just strategy. They don't have to tender him but why wouldn't they?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
      How can this speculations surface ? Illegal tampering comes to mnd .
      You'd have to be able to prove it. My take is it's media speculation only
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        In the back of my head, I am wondering why the tender hasn't already been placed? It could mean they are actively trying to strike a deal. May even be close. Or not lol
        I hope it goes down and can move on foward. That been said there's a lot on FO's plate to work on like Boothe and Benneth.
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
          How can this speculations surface ? Illegal tampering comes to mnd .
          I don't think it's tampering if a team says they may be interested in a player as long as they don't contact them. I could be wrong on this though.
          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I know, so why not just place the tender? Maybe just strategy. They don't have to tender him but why wouldn't they?
            I'm not really an expert on this subject but if they place a tender on him doesn't the negotiations stop?
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

• we also could look at it from this perspective. we know how much the giants value a LT, all franchises do. protecting eli is the #1 job for anyone on offense aside from eli. more than the rbs running and wrs catching. we paid him, what, 40 mil for 5? will the giants use that to gauge cruz and his importance to the offense? meaning, if cruz isnt more important to the offense than beatty ( he very may well be, just supposing) than would the giants pay cruz more than beatty?

Comment

In the back of my head, I am wondering why the tender hasn't already been placed? It could mean they are actively trying to strike a deal. May even be close. Or not lol
                well I think you are probably right they are trying and will right up till they have to tender...tender being the last thing they want to do I would think ...Unless the tender is a mutual thing with a deal pending.. it could cause friction and bad fellings between Cruz and the front office....The other thing is I can see some team making an offer regardless of the tender...I just have this feeling that things are changing under this new cba and how and where teams spend their money .....The passing game being what it is now Cruz could draw an offer the Giants just can't do right now ....If the giants want him nows the time to get something done... after they tender not so sure it as easy

Comment

they probably don't want to piss Cruz off...Idk.....it'd be like a slap in the face....Idk... last resort i would think

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                    they probably don't want to piss Cruz off...Idk.....it'd be like a slap in the face....Idk... last resort i would think
                    Not if it's understood that it's just until a long term deal can be hammered out.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                      well I think you are probably right they are trying and will right up till they have to tender...tender being the last thing they want to do I would think ...Unless the tender is a mutual thing with a deal pending.. it could cause friction and bad fellings between Cruz and the front office....The other thing is I can see some team making an offer regardless of the tender...I just have this feeling that things are changing under this new cba and how and where teams spend their money .....The passing game being what it is now Cruz could draw an offer the Giants just can't do right now ....If the giants want him nows the time to get something done... after they tender not so sure it as easy
                      Back loading could be the key with a decent guarantee.

Comment

They don't need to do anything right now. If they tender him and no team tries to grab him next year they will have a ton of cash to sign a bunch of guys. If a team did offer a 1st for him then they loose a prove product but have a an excellent GM that has a great track record of drafting in the 1st round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          They don't need to do anything right now. If they tender him and no team tries to grab him next year they will have a ton of cash to sign a bunch of guys. If a team did offer a 1st for him then they loose a prove product but have a an excellent GM that has a great track record of drafting in the 1st round.
                          Agree either way the Giants comes out the victor at the end

Comment

• Originally posted by Broadway Blue View Post
                            Agree either way the Giants comes out the victor at the end
                            Well played.
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                              Well played.
                              Unlike your bolding skills.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                Unlike your bolding skills.
                                I guess I do lack good bolding skills. Life goes on however.
                                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Working...
                                X